I want to find out if a friend bought a house in tempe, AZ around march april 2011. how would i do that?

Asked by Chelsea, Orange, CA Thu Apr 28, 2011


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Randy Hooker, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Why in the world would you ask that question on a national forum like Trulia? Does your "friend" owe you money? Does your "friend" owe you back child support? Is your "friend" trying to hide from you? Have you considered hiring a private detective? Seriously, why are you trying to find out that information?
1 vote
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Apr 30, 2011
County tax records office would have the information AS long as home purchased in their name NOT a trust, corporation or etc.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
0 votes
James Wehner, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 30, 2011
A good public website to check would be the county recorders. You can view it here:

Web Reference:  http://www.jameswehner.com
0 votes
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Fri Apr 29, 2011
Type in your friends name into the county website.. it should be public info unless they bought in a trust or llc.
best of luck,
Brad Bergamini
0 votes
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Fri Apr 29, 2011
It is no secret, anyone can go to the county Assessors website, here in Tucson it is Pima County Assossors site. You can look up by full name, address, or tax ID. If all you know is their name, type it in. No, you do not have to hire a detective like the other agent suggested.
0 votes
Carlos Ramir…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Thu Apr 28, 2011
I don't think any professional, outside a hired private detective, will help you provide that information about another person. Especially without knowing what you are going to do with that information.

Carlos J. Ramírez, PC, ABR, CNE
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart –
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
0 votes
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Do you have their legal name or the name/entity they might use to purchase? If so, any realtor can pull the public records and see what they own. Even easier - just ask your friend.

Oggi Kashi
Paragon Real Estate Group
CA DRE 01844627
0 votes
Temporarily…, , Tempe, AZ
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Well, if the person is a "friend", why not just ask?
0 votes
Sarah Reiter, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Search the county tax assessor website. http://www.maricopa.gov/Assessor/

Click 'Advanced Search Options'
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more