Home Buying in 29527>Question Details

Britanya, Home Buyer in South Carolina

I want to buy my Boyfriend's house to get a better interest rate on the mortgage.

Asked by Britanya, South Carolina Mon Apr 13, 2009

My credit is perfect but myincome is not good enough. Is it any way for me to buy the house with his name on the mortgage?

Help the community by answering this question:


I would check on a few things, see if your boyfriend would qualify for a loan modifacition with his mortgage company, if not call a mortgage person and see what that can do for you depending on your income to debt ratio they should be able to help you and your boyfriend.
Sheila Lusby
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
I would suggest talking with a professional mortgage officer who would be able to expain the options to you in relation to your question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
Thank you for your answers! His mortgage lender is GMAC, and they said there is nothing they can do as far as loan modification. He cannot refinance because his credit is not too good. His last mortgage payment was in february. When I talked to mortgage lender he said because of my income (16k) I will not be able to get a loan on my own. What are our options?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer