I want to buy a townhouse in Arbor Walk as an investment property. Is it a nice area? Is it easy to rent it out? Thanks a lot

Asked by jessica, Gilbert, AZ Sat Jun 8, 2013

Answers

9
Kristen Van…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Jessica
Hi, Arbor Walk is a decent area and would not be hard to rent out. I would like to note however that the HOA fee is a little high at $133/mo. Depending on whether you are paying cash or taking out a loan this could affect your bottom line. There is only one property listed on the MLS in that neighborhood at the moment and it is a smaller model so the rent would be closer to$950/mo although you may be able to get $1000 for it depending on the property.

There are quite a few townhouse subdivisions like this in Gilbert and some of them have HOA fees under $100/mo and rent for the same amount or a little more.

If you have any other questions about this I would be happy to answer them.

Have a great weekend!

Kristen
480-861-7970
Brenda & Ron…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Arbor Walk is a great community to pick up a home in for a rental. Tenants would love the area and just a short walk will take them to a park, dining such as Oreganos Pizza Bistro, The Farmhouse, Postinos Wine Cafe East, Joe Real B-B-Q, Liberty Market, Bergie's Coffe and Euro Cafe to name a few. The Gilbert Farmer's Market is right there by Liberty Market, and so is the Hale Center Theater for performing arts. The Gilbert Park and Ride lot is right there as well. It is also only about 10 min from the freeway and close to shopping.
Amber Rohner, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Arbor Walk is a great subdivision in an area that I'm sure many tenants would love! There are many restaurants in the area which are some of the best and most frequented in Gilbert. I know many people who look in this area to buy or rent so I think you should have no problem renting in this area. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to find a potential home in this subdivision!

AmberR@RealtyOneAZ.com

Amber
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Mon Jun 10, 2013
There is currently 1 property available for sale at $145k and there is 1 for lease in that community with 13 leased out in the past 6 months. It's a great location. Call or email if you are looking for a local agent.
Yamile Hirsh, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for this great question. In the current Gilbert market lots of investors want to know how easy it is to rent a home. All properties in Gilbert are easy to rent. Gilbert has been nominated as one of the best places to live in the US. Now, there is better areas that others, and Arbor Walk is great due to the proximity to Down town Gilbert.

Now, as an Investor Specialist my advice is not to worry about "how hard it will be to rent". That will get done. My question is, how much will you be paying a month? Are you buying cash? Are you getting a loan? Have you calculated your Return On Investment=ROI.

I ran a market analysis for you in this area and 15 homes were rented in the last 6months in this area between the prices of $895 and $1100 MAX.

Let me know how much you are placing down or what your situation is, and I will be glad to give you a free financial analysis if this is actually a good investment for you.

I recommend investments that are minimum 40% ROI. Can you get that? Sure. In certain areas. Again, all depends on your financial planning.

At your service,

Yamile Hirsh (Shamile)Psy. D, SFR, e-PRO,CLHMS
Real Estate Investor Specialist.
Home Smart Real Estate
2680 S. Val Vista Dr. Suite 101
Gilbert , AZ 85297
myhirsh@gmail.com

Direct: 480-567-2121
Fax: 480-247-3722

http://www.topsellaz.com

"Your partner in Real Estate"

One of the Top 10 Featured Agents by Realtor.com in the East Valley

Multi-million dollar producer

Who is who in Real Estate top 100

http://www.facebook.com/TheHirshRealEstateGroup
Web Reference:  http://www.topsellaz.com
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Jessica

As a Broker in Gilbert that not only does sales but also Property Management we are able to offer you full service on every residential property that might be a fit. We have the added knowledge that is gained by managing properties as rentals, the insight is valuable in the selection process.

Rentals in most areas of Gilbert do well but lets find the best one for your situation and goals.
Christy Crou…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
It is a nice area, easy rentals. Will it be cash or finance purchase?
Ron Duvall, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
According to several property management companies, Gilbert is a good area for rentals. I have several investor clients. You need to watch for properties which do not back up to major highways, major shopping centers, etc. as at some point, you will want to sell your property.

As far as Arbor Walk, properties have rented in there for anywhere from $800 - $1200 per month. In a quick search, I did not see any properties currently active for rental whereas there were 13 which closed in the last 6 months and one pending.

If you would like some help finding a property to buy and then rent, MAKE the RIGHT CALL - Ron Duvall (480-695-1997).

Best of Luck!
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sat Jun 8, 2013
There is currently one home is this subidivision that is listed as Active in the MLS. If you are interested in this home, feel free to reach out to me via my profile. I have extensive experience with investors and Gilbert has always proven to be a strong rental market.

Here is a link to view the details on the home:
http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…