Home Buying in Omaha>Question Details

NurseAmin, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

I want to buy a house in omaha, what are the best lenders out there? my income is $75000, credit score 780 and $15000 cash.

Asked by NurseAmin, Corona, CA Thu Dec 6, 2012

Am looking for a 4 bedroom between $150-200000 range. I need realtors with lots of experience because I am moving from New York with my family to start a new life and a great neighborhood with great schools are our priorities. Is conventional loan better or FHA? what are the taxes like? Any advice and help will be gladly appreciated!

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3102968576-14606-Larimore-Ave…

Monica Lang’s answer
I represent Celebrity Homes in Omaha. We build new homes all over the Omaha metro area. I would love to help you find the perfect new home. We have several 4 bedroom plans that would be priced under $200,000 & you could pick out the interior finishes you desire. Please visit my website http://www.MonicaLang.com I have been licensed since 1995 & have worked for Celebrity for over 15 years. We have 4 preferred lenders that could help you with financing. FHA is a great loan option where you could purchase with only 3.5% down. Coventional loans would have lower monthly private mortgage insurance so this is a great option if you can put down 5% or more.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Steve Winteroff 402-250-6342 will do a great job getting you the right loan to fit your situation. I have 31 years experience in real estate and 17 here in Omaha. I know the areas, neighborhoods, and financing options. Feel free to call me for professional personal service, you wont be turned over to a buyers agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
You will find exceptional value & inventory! I first moved to Omaha 20 yrs as active duty military & have been a full time real estate agent for almost 10 yrs. I know the city & outlying areas like the back of my hand & have children of my own that are all school age. I'm very familiar with the school districts & neighborhoods so I can definitely be an asset to you to help find what you are looking for.

As for financing, it's really best to get you to a good lender that can assess your whole picture of income, down payment, credit score & how long you plan to stay in your next home so you can decide what the best option would be for you! Theresa Dein w/Gateway Home Loans is excellent & I have worked with her for years 402.681.8829 and also Mike James w/Charter West 402.660.8483.

If you have an experienced lender & agent you like & trust you can't go wrong to help you find the best home & financing for your needs!

Please call, text or email with any questions! I'd love the chance to assist you with your move to Omaha!
Kelly Gitt
Gitt Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Let's get you with a lender... I would recommend two that are experienced and knowledgeable:
1. Joe Iaccheri w/ Regent Financial. 402-884-5613
2. Terry Tonkinson with Charter West. 402-592-9888.

One of them should be able to get you going and help you decide the best loan product for you. Please let me know if I can assist you after that. 402-706-3030.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Well you will be thrilled at what you can get in Omaha compared to New York for that price range-I would love to meet you and your family, and take you on a tour of Omaha. I have lived here my whole life and have been a Realtor for 20 years. I am very familiar with all neighborhoods and school districts. As far as loans it depends on how much you have to put down and what term you are looking for(15 year-30 year) Taxes vary depending on location, new neighborhoods are more, older established neighborhoods are usually about 2.1% of assessed value. please e-mail me and we can talk further. sherylspain@cox.net

Have you had a chance to take a look at the different school districts in Omaha. There are several, all with different pros and cons. I can email you a list and resources that would allow you to gain a better understanding.

There are a few significant differences between convention and FHA. With a good credit score as long as your monthly expenses are low a conventional loan is probably best.

Taxes vary depending on the type of community you are looking to be in (new construction, area etc) and the county. I would be more than happy to email you a few sample properties to show you the variations.

Let me know if that is something you would be interested in.

That is a very healthy budget for what you are looking for and you should have several options.

What brings you to Omaha?
i will appreciate any help I can get so please email me what you have. As far as Omaha,NE I stayed there 8 years ago and loved it, but one of my main reason is safety of my family and I will be attending Nurse Anesthesia school at Clarkson College.
Flag Thu Dec 6, 2012