wnorman1012, Other/Just Looking in West Monroe, LA

I want to buy a house but I'm still married. What should I do so my soon to be ex-husband doesn't try to take my property.?

Asked by wnorman1012, West Monroe, LA Fri Nov 30, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Fri Nov 30, 2012
This is more of a legal question that your attorney can best advice you as to what you should do or not do.

Best of Luck
0 votes
RETIRED Gayle…, , Sterlington, LA
Fri Nov 30, 2012
If you have a good relationship, your ex can sign a document relinquishing claim to the property and it will be yours alone. Please talk to your attorney. If you don't have one, I'll be happy to recommend a good one.
0 votes
Alan Grizzle, Agent, Dahlonega, GA
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Don't buy a house until you talk with your attorney about it. He are she will tell you when it is ok for you to buy a home.
0 votes
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Nov 30, 2012
talk with your attorney regarding the laws in LA regarding property ownership
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more