I want to buy Section 8 properties as an investor/landlord. Any advice how to begin?

Asked by Rita, Cinnaminson, NJ Sat Aug 23, 2008

Answers

4
paul malitas, Agent, WARRINGTON, PA
Fri Apr 23, 2010
I own 4 section 8 homes in Philly that bring in $3,570 per month. Call or email me for more info.

Paul Malitas
267.261.5424
pmalitas@msn.com
Scott Allan, Agent, Ft. Myers, FL
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Section 8 in NJ is difficult but also very good. I work with Section 8 investors all the time in Northeast NJ. There are 2 cities that have very good programs. The problem is getting the building qualified. Be sure to work with an agent who knows Section 8 well. If not, you could be in for a huge headache. If you are lucky enough to get it, it is practically a guaranteed rent check at the beginning of the month. The best thing is that Section 8 tenants are very well behaved because there are laws prohibiting them from illigal activity, fraud, crime, etc. If they mess up, no more gov't assistance for them.

You can check us out online or call me to discuss. I love Section 8 and is where I am currently investing. It's imperative to have the right area and agent. I'd be happy to earn your business.
Tiffany, Home Buyer, West Mifflin, PA
Sat Jan 2, 2010
Always start with your local housing authority, or the HA where the house is located that you want to buy to get all the right, I say it again all the right rules.
QVGuy, Other Pro, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Aug 12, 2009
Be happy to assist you. We do all Section 8 properties in NJ and Philly.