I want to buy SFR rentals in Pinellas and Pasco. Prices in Holiday seem attrative. Is there a high demand for rentals?

Asked by John, Colorado Sun Jun 17, 2012

Answers

7
Stephen McRory’s answer
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Ummm, can you say SINK HOLES!!!

Give me any address and I can show you the sink hole activity that looks like the map has been hit with rapid fire paintball gun! I will guarantee you I have access to more sink hole info than almost anyone.

And talk about boring areas to live! I'm from the Tampa Bay area and I would not buy in Holiday!

Plus insurance is very high, and you need to be closer to Tampa and Clearwater to get better appreciation and higher rents where more people work.

Stay south, in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.

I'm not a realtor, so I have no dog in the hunt which allows me to be so blunt!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Tampa
http://www.pro-option.com
steve@pro-option.com
Ph: 888 662 4404
Hi Steve. Thank you for your positive input. You should start a news column! You have very creative writing skills.
Flag Fri Jul 27, 2012
Poodle Head…, Home Buyer, Wesley Chapel, FL
Sat Dec 29, 2012
What is a "SFR Rental" ? What does SFR mean?
Fred Strickr…, Agent, New Port Richey, FL
Fri Jul 27, 2012
There is high demand for rentals. High end, keep your eyes out for opportunities in the Trinity area which is popular for school and amenities. Most demand for rentals are going to be in the Port Richey, New Port Richey areas, 3 bed, 2 bath that $750 - $850 a month range. There are a lot of opportunities for you in those markets. I would be happy to set up a custom search and send you a list of good possibilities.

Fred Strickroot, Realtor®, MBA, CDPE
HomeNet
Florida Lic. Real Estate Brokerage
2154 Seven Springs Blvd, Suite 103
Trinity, FL 34655
1-888-864-2758
727-478-8997
homenetyouteam@homenet.us.com
http://www.homenetyouteam.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
John, your timing and objective could not be better.
Connect with a Pasco real estate professional and make clear your objectives and financing requirement if any. The competition is high for the good stuff.

If you want to know what's happening in Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater or Safety Harbor visit:
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEasy.com

I'm online to chat right now.

Best of success in building your real estate holdings,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
ReMax Realtec Group
Linda Bash, Agent, New Port Richey, FL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Yes, there is a very high demand for rentals in both north Pinellas and Pascon counties. I actually own 8 rental homes in Pasco and have been an investor for over 30 years. Rents have gone up because of the demand. In our shifting market, with owners losing their homes in short sales or foreclosure and with investors that bought during the high market also losing the rentals to short sales or foreclosure, there are many more renters and not as many homes to rent. Supply and demand! I have seen rent increase for the past 2 years and now the the very best time to purchase investment property, especially if you have cash!
I am happy to speak to you further if you would like. You can reach me at 727-422-5342.
Darla Schroe…, Agent, Madeira Beach, FL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
There is a high demand for rentals and shrinking inventory in Pinellas County in many neighborhoods. Over the past couple of years, investors have swooped up multiple properties. It is not as easy to find bargains now as it was even 6 months ago. Homes in good condition and priced competitively attract multiple bids and fly off the market in a matter of days. It is still possible to find good value for your dollar and positive cash flow, especially with the assistance of a real estate professional who works daily in the business and can help you identify potential properties and quickly act to make an informed offer that has a good chance of being the one accepted. Good luck in your ventures. Call me if I can help with Pinellas County rental properties.
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Demand for rentals, depends on the location and price. A local Realtor or Property Manager will be able to give you the best answer. Real Estate is Local. Prices overall are very attractive now, but with inventory going down, it is justa matter of time before prices start moving.
Genevieve Ramachandran