I want to be within 30 minutes from Lexington.....

Asked by Teresa, Ocean County, NJ Fri Jan 25, 2013

I have 5 kids so low crime and great schools are a must. I am an Italian Catholic which I know isnt the norm in the South but anything close to that type of community would be nice.we are also a very conservative family. I MUST be around horses....to board, to ride , to train, maybe even have one on my property. Im looking for newer construction only, in the 250,000 range, on maybe an acre. If I had to rent at first the $1800 range is good.no flood zones or tornado alleys either! Just went through Sandy and had my fill! Employment isnt an issue because we would be coming with my husbands NY pension. Any suggestions??

Answers

10
Dan Siegel’s answer
Dan Siegel, , Lexington, KY
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Georgetown, is a great location for all that you are asking for, We are located 15 minutes north of Lexington and 5 minutes to the KY Horse Park. We offer a large supply of properties at reasonable prices and great locations. We also have an active cathlic parish in Georgetown along with K-8 Schooling. I would be more than happy to talk with you at length about your needs and would also like to send you a relocation package, Feel free to contact me at 859-494-5065
Heather Bent…, Home Seller, Lexington, KY
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Richmond. You can get a lot for your money.
H2 Construct…, Other Pro, Lexington, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
We have family that live in Ocean Grove and they love it here when they visit. I am sure you will too.
Leon Coffman, Agent, GEIRGETOWN, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
I am a Realtor in Georgetown, Ky 12 miles from Lexington. Only mins. to the Ky. Horse park. We do have a strong Catholic presence here in Geogetown. the price range you are looking for is out there and I will be more than glad to assist you in finding that special property that suits your needs. You can contact me at lcoffmanrealtor@aol.com and view listing on my web site kylcoffmanrealtor.com. You can also call me at 859-619-7141
Leon Coffman, Agent, GEIRGETOWN, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Teresa; i am and agent in Georgetown, Ky. only 12 miles from Lexington Ky. I am sure that I can help you. We do have a large catholic presence. As for your price range I will see what I can find for you.
You can e-mail me at lcoffmanrealtor@aol.com and see my web site at kylcoffmanrealtor.com. My phone is 859-619-7141. I look forward to working with you.
Leon Coffman, Jr.
Signature Real Estate
144 E Main
Georgetown, Ky. 40324
Hill Parker, Agent, Lexington, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Hi Teresa,
There are many houses available that may suit your needs. To start to narrow your search I would suggest going to http://education.ky.gov/ and deciding which school districts you prefer. If you are also entertaining the idea of private schools we have many available as well.

I am a horse person so I can relate to the equine aspect of things well. If you want horses on your property you really are going to need more than 1 acre. The most horsey subsections of the greater Lexington area within 30 minutes of downtown Lexington include- all of Fayette County (Lexington), Southern Scott County (Georgetown), Southern Bourbon County (Paris), Western Clark County (Winchester), Northern Jessamine County (Nicholasville), and Eastern Woodford County (Versailles & Midway.) If you want a small horse farm please visit http://www.lexhorsefarms.com - no registration is required.
Stacy Heilig, Agent, Lexington, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Yeah I can send u a list of houses I am fond of the nicholasville Versailles side of Lexington and it is cheaper than Lexington and u will love the schools in ky. 859-494-1558 is my cell. Call or text
Matt Grimes, Agent, Lexington, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Teresa,

I service the areas of Harrodsburg, Danville and Lancaster and personally live about 25 minutes south of Lexington. We love the area, but the communities of Versailles and Georgetown may also be the fit for you as well. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail and perhaps I may be of assistance or point you in the direction of someone that can if they are out of my area of expertise.

mattgrimes21@windstream.net

http://www.MattGrimesRealtor.com
Tamara Bayer, Agent, Lexington, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
There are several areas within 30 minutes of Lexington that will meet your criteria. At Kirkpatrick & Co, we specialize in equine related properties. I would be glad to provide you with detailed information on what is available.
Kim Gipson, Agent, Berea, KY
Fri Jan 25, 2013
We have a nice neighborhood here in Richmond that has horse boarding and barn that's in subdivision and close to Lexington! Email me and I will get u more info. Kim@realtyworldadams.com