I've seen a property I like in Rotonda West, coming over in April to have a look, where do I find a buyers agent to represent me?

Asked by Martin Faulder, Outside U.S. Sun Mar 6, 2011

Also what could I expect to negotiate down from the $275,000 asking price given that the price has already be reduced quite heavely?

Answers

4
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Mon Apr 25, 2011
If it is a normal sale and not a short sale or foreclosure, you can usually start at 90% of the asking price and go from there. As a Realtor I would contact the listing agent to see what kind of offers or action has been presented on the home. I would also perform a comparative market analysis on the home to see what homes are selling for that are similar to that home. Here is some information on the Rotonda area. Contact me and I would be happy to help you.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.greenlion.realty.com

Rotonda, Florida is an idyllic blend of beautiful canals and desirable communities situated on the Cape Haze Peninsula on the south coast of Florida. These quiet and tranquil communities are definitely off the beaten path, providing ample seclusion, and yet near enough to schools, medical facilities, shopping and entertainment to offer complete convenience.

If you enjoy the water, Rotunda is definitely the place for you to call home with its more than 30 miles of canals. Fishing, boating, swimming and numerous other water sports abound here. Uncrowded beaches are convenient and easy to access, offering spacious expanses of unspoiled white sand for lounging and relaxation. This master-planned community also features easy access golfing, with numerous courses scattered throughout the local area.

There are numerous communities from which to choose in Rotonda; all featuring an array of home styles, including villas, single family residences and carriage houses.

Heights- is a lovely community that offers fantastic access to local golf course and beaches.

Lakes-this golf course community is situated only minutes from world class beaches, fishing and a marina in Boca Grande.

Pebble Beach-this golf course community is situated in an excellent location, only seven short miles from Englewood Beach.

Pinehurst-a tranquil golf course community with its own clubhouse for your convenience.

Sands-this picturesque community is located directly across from South Gulf Cove and features private, quiet streets and sparkling lakes.

Broadmoor-is a private golf course community that is situated near Boca Grande beaches as well as shopping and dining.

Long Meadow-this golf course community features tennis courts and close proximity to fishing, beaches, boating and shopping.

Oakland Hills-if you are looking for convenient access to golf courses, a clubhouse and ample street lining for complete security Oakland Hills may be the right choice for you.

Pine Valley-is one of the most popular and neighborly communities, located within minutes of dining, shopping and other services. Along with a golf course this community also has tennis courts.

White Marsh-featuring tennis courts and a clubhouse, this golf course community is the perfect blend of convenience and comfort.
Rob Ingraham, , 14456
Sun Mar 6, 2011
I would be more then happy to help you find the right realtor to assist you in buying the home you like.I am a member of (leading real estate companies of the world) What we offer is assistance in home selling and buying.I would love the chance to explain this to you much better and answer all your questions about what we offer.This is a very good service and best of all it is completely free to you.It will give you the piece of mind that you have someone there to help you.
You can Email me or call me for more details.
ringraham@nothnagle.com
315-945-3560
As for the second question.
It will depend on how bad the owners want to sell,how long it has been on the market,what is owed on the home,and how much work is needed.These are things that the local agent can look into to try to give you a better idea of what to expect.Every home is different and ever situation is different so there is no right or wrong answer.
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Martin,

Your best bet at this point is to start working with a professional Realtor to help you along this path. A few recommendations I would make; I would tell you to not sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business. Second, never call a listing agent about a home they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal. Finally, I would recommend that you interview at least three qualified agents to assist you and select one who you feel will have your best interests as their primary goal.

When you interview these agents I would ask them what they feel the fair market value of the home you are looking at is. Their responses will tell you a lot about how they will tackle the negotiation stage.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent and while I do not handle your area of Florida I have relationships in the Rotunda area and would be happy to make a referral if you are interested in locating a true pro to assist you. I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Martin,

Shoot me an email and we'll put together a plan to provide you with information and assist you with the buying process. We are very familiar with Rotonda West and the surrounding area.

We would be happu to send you a FREE report that includes all of the area distressed sales, which often represent the best opportunities. Send me an email and we'll start immediately.

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363