I've recently moved to Charlotte & intersted in Lakefront properties especially near lake wylie. What to look out for.?

Asked by Sunny, Charlotte, NC Fri Jun 29, 2012

Answers

6
Abby Nelson’s answer
Abby Nelson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Lake Wylie is just over the South Carolina border. There are lots of things to look for that a Realtor can advise you on. Does the home have a dock? Can a dock be built? Is the water deep? Is there tree preservation requirements on the lot. I would love to answer more questions for you. Give me a call to talk.
Martha Browne, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Lucky for you, there is an awesome inventory to pick from.
I have been selling the Lake Wylie area for 27 years and would like to help you in this exciting venture.
Call me @704.502.9301 or email me martha@marthabrowne.com
Web Reference:  http://marthabrowne.com
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Good afternoon, Sunny.
I have experience in land planning and land development. When buying lakefront property, it is important to understand the deed restrictions - minimum building sizes, livestock restrictions, lake access rights, etc. It is also critical to know what kind of sewer is available to the property or if you would have to install a septic system. If a septic system is required, knowing whether the land perks and how many bedrooms the site can be approved for are your next concerns. There is a lot to know when making a land purchase. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
Sylvia Smith, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Jun 30, 2012
I love Lake Wylie! I would be glad to help you find the perfect home!!!
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Hi Sunny!

I'd love to help you find a home around Lake Wylie area, I know of some great communities and even some new construction builders that have well priced lake front homes that even include a dock or a boat. I'm not quite understanding what you're asking when you say "What to look out for".

Email me with specifics on what you're looking for and I'll see if I can help! My services as a buyer's agent don't cost you anything extra in a transaction and I love negotiating price for my buyers!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
http://www.johnsiddons.com
Beau Ferguson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Are you looking to purchase a property? If so, I have a colleague with my company that is an expert on Lake Wylie and knows it like the back of his hand. Would you like for me to have him contact you? If so, call me at 704-661-2678 and I will put you in touch with him. He will know how to address every issue or concern you might have.