I've heard that the builders of the Holly Ridge complex will be constructing another townhome community

Asked by Julie, Fishkill, NY Tue Aug 5, 2008

called Overlook Pointe (part of the Waterfront at Fishkill). Does anyone know when these townhomes will be built or the general price range? Thank you.

Answers

11
Buyer, Home Buyer, New York
Wed Apr 4, 2012
We've been to see the homes at Overlook Pointe a few times because we were really interested. Views are absolutely not what is shown on website. Prices have been raised from 20,000 to 60,000+ over the past 4 months. This raise is in spite of the fact that only 4 units have sold!

Go figure!
Powell Cove…, , College Point, Queens, NY
Fri Jun 11, 2010
The new enclosed state of the art Rombout Sewer Plant is in the same location as the original which is at the end of the Brockway Road extension adjacent to the Metro-North Railway. It was completed approx. 6 to 7 months ago and is operational.
Susan Marrinan
AVR Homebuilders
Mimi, , Hopewell Junction, NY
Thu Jun 10, 2010
Lynn,
I heard that the new Rombout Sewer plant was to go across from the Dutchess Stadium between Brockway Rd. & Firethorn. Overlooke Pointe is actually south of Rivercrest. Did anyone else hear of this plan?
Are you Mimi Hochroth?
Flag Mon Dec 14, 2015
Merryhall2, , Wappingers Falls, NY
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Having purchased a townhome at Holly Ridge, I can tell you that AVR's construction is substandard. Sidewalks started crumbling within a year (which they claim was the fault of using salt--not so, since I don't use salt and mine crumbled). They also used defective materials for decking and ignored all homeowners' requests for reimbursement or replacement. Trim in the house wasn't sanded, or sometimes uneven. I'd look elsewhere. The waterfront properties in Cold Spring are of high quality, but expensive ($800K-1.2 Million) but you get grainite countertops, masonry fireplaces, high end appliances, solid construction, and pleasing architecture.
While there were some problems with AVR units that does not apply across the board! The earlier units had some problems but over the course of building the various phases of construction AVR learned from its mistakes and made corrections. The home warranty only applied to the original owners but you can buy private coverage, as I have done. In my opinion the HOA Board uses the dues appropriately to repair the common areas as needed and is in very sound financial shape. The management company used is very responsible in addressing the needs of the community. Buying at this well established community is lower in price than Overlook Point and there are units available from time to time. The grounds are kept beautifully, snow removal is done well, and there are very nice people living here. There were options at the start for lower trims or higher end trims. The price point allows you to upgrade if the unit you are buying doesn't have the granite, etc. that you want.
Flag Wed Dec 31, 2014
Tue Feb 2, 2010
The website to register for information updates is now up http://www.overlookpointe.info
Sue Marrinan
AVR Homebuilders
Overlook Pointe
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Julie,
You may register in about 2 weeks at overlookpointe.info for updates on the community but pricing and floorplans will not be available as we are not offer anything for sale at this time. The website is in process and a contact registration link will be available shortly.
Sue Marrinan
AVR Homebuilders
Overlook Pointe
sue.marrinan@avrrealty.com
Eastern, Both Buyer And Seller, Wappingers Falls, NY
Thu Jan 21, 2010
It will start this spring with building of the infrastructure
Wed Oct 28, 2009
Hello Julie,

Overlook Pointe will be coming to market Spring 2010. We are currently in the planning stages for a Pre -Construction opening sometime this spring. More information will be available soon. You are welcome to contact me directly at sue.marrinan@avrrealty.com. To see other communities we have been working on you may visit our websites ValeriaLuxuryLiving.com and PowellCoveEstates.com and also avrrealty.com.
Our community Powell Cove Estates in College Point, Queens is a waterfront condominium neighborhood that has been very successful selling 42 units (32 in contract) since March of this year.
I look forward to talking with you soon - please do call with any questions.
Susan Marrinan
Sales Director
AVR Homebuilders
(718) 358-8088
Lynn Vecchio, , Myrtle Beach, SC
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Good Morning, Julie!

Here's an update on Overlook Pointe.

There is an amendment to the existing subdivision approval to create 28 lots to include accessory recreation and open space parcels. The Planning Board granted Subdivision Reapproval on April 23, 2009 to create 256 fee simple townhouse lots. The parcel consists of 52 ± acres, is located on the west side of NYS Route 9D, between Brockway Road and Firethorn Drive across from Dutchess Stadium.

I am willing to assist you with your real estate needs. Please call me anytime at 845 826-1705.

Thank you.

Lynn Vecchio
Century 21 Alliance
Route 9
Wappingers Falls, NY
845 826-1705
Jill Doppel, Agent, Millbrook, NY
Fri Aug 15, 2008
Hey Julie! Take a look at my profile and give me a call; I want to give you some info on the Fishkill condo venture. I have someone else looking in Fishkill for condos as well and I'll fill you in on what's going on with a few things. (Some key negotiating strategies!) I have an offer for you as well. ;)

Call my cell 845-546-5875, or email me directly at MyRealtorJill@aol.com.
-Jill
Curtis Darra…, Agent, Poughkeepsie, NY
Wed Aug 6, 2008
Hi Julie,

Unfortunately I haven't heard a start date or prices. But if you like the Holly Ridge complex, I have a foreclosure in there priced to sell. Visit my site for more info http://www.CurtDarragh.com.

Curt Darragh
Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
Web Reference:  http://www.CurtDarragh.com