I've found a house in Carroll County just outside of Westminster. It has a fuse box and 100amp breaker feeding it. Will it pass for USDA loan?

Asked by Davem, Maryland Sun Aug 4, 2013

Breaker panel image

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Catherine Pu…, , Silver Spring, MD
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Hello Davem,

My guess is that if the eletrical system is functionally adequate for the home that you would be ok.

Pertaining to USDA loans:

Any dwelling financed with an RHCDS guarantee must be structurally sound, functionally adequate, and placed in good repair prior to issuance of Form RD 1980-17 except as provided in §1980.315.

Any repairs necessary for the dwelling to be structurally sound, functionally adequate and in good repair must be completed prior to request of the Loan Note Guarantee. Escrow accounts that meet the requirements of section 1980.315 are allowed for exterior weather delayed repairs. Loan note guarantees will be issued post closing for loans with eligible escrow accounts established per section 1980.360(2)(ii). Please refer to “Escrow Accounts – Exterior Repairs” in this section.

Additional repairs may be required by the lender in order to secure the safety of the occupants, correct conditions that may jeopardize the soundness or structure of the home, or affect the likelihood of a low to moderate income applicant from becoming a successful homeowner

If you need financing for your new home, please fee free to contact me at 202 573-6035 or catherinep@fairwaymc.com


Catherine Purcell
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
0 votes
It will be up to the new owner to upgrade if wanted.
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Hi Davem

I would suggest you do a home inspection and have a certified electrician look at it if you are concerned if the panel will provide enough power.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more