I've e-mailed a few agents about purchasing a mobile home next June. I never get a response. Is it too soon to talk to an agent?

Asked by Deb, Sacramento, CA Mon Oct 21, 2013

Answers

7
Peggy Mallon, , Elk Grove, CA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
It's not too early. An agent can help you make sure all your ducks are in a row so that you can purchase when you're ready. I am familiar with several of the mobile home parks in the Sacramento area. Feel free to contact me.
Luis Sumpter, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
I echo the other comments. Most mobile home parks have a few agents that specialize in them. Additionally, if you do drive through parks as someone suggested, you will find a lot of For Sale By Owners (FSBO's). Keep in mind, just because you find a FSBO, you can still use an agent to represent you and make your interest is protected. By doing so the Seller may pay the Realtor fees, but in some cases you may have to pay your Agent, but either way you'll have representation.

I don't think it's too early to start looking.

I disagree that the inventory will change much between now and June. I have seen mobile homes sit on the market for months.

Teri Andrews…, Agent, Auburn, CA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
It would be a good time to start receiving listings from an agent so you can learn the market and figure out which park you want to be in.

It would be too early to go out and look at properties, I would wait until a month or two before you are ready to move, just have the park narrowed down and make sure you qualify with the park manager (most look for a montly income 3x the space rent)

You can also search on your own, I would recommend Metrolist
http://teriandrews-murch.metrolistpro.com/

Select Property Search, mobile homes.
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Probably too soon. However, you can drive through some of the parks and get a feel as to where you'd prefer to live. Investigate the property management company and get familiar with that part now.

Elizabeth is right. The price point is so low that many realtors don't work that market. And the property inventory will change between now and June.

Maybe in March or April you could get more serious. Sometimes property managers know of properties 'coming soon' and can give you some insight at that time.
Karen and Pa…, Agent, Cameron Park, CA
Mon Feb 8, 2016
No it is not too soon. As a whole not all realtor communicate very well. Being your own boss and all. Avoid those not emailing you back and research a quality realtor. Trulia and Zillow have many 5 star rated realtors that will most likely answer a call or email from you in minutes. Be glad those realtors didn't respond. How well do you think they will represent you if they can't be bothered to respond to an email?
Kathryn Alba…, Agent, yuba city, CA
Sun Nov 17, 2013
It's never to early to get advice from an agent. Be prepared you may end up getting some agents willing to help you and others that have no interest. Often it is more difficult when helping a buyer purchase a mobile home. Usually agents have issues with finding the right lender to finance the purchase. I have worked with mobile homes during my career and I know of good lenders. If agents are not willing to return your calls move onto someone else. Eventually you will find someone that is the right fit and that wants to work for you. Good luck!
adrian peter…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Fri Nov 15, 2013
hola, purchasing a mobile home is a very unique beast. they'd probably have to basically only specialize in that. the financing is near impossible for those. id start sooner than lster so you can make sure you really understand what its gonna take to pur a mobile home. best of luck - Loandude

http://www.loandude.com