I use to live in Sandpoint. My son and I want to move back. I am hoping and praying to find somewhat of a (please don't laugh) rent-to-own

Asked by myboysandcats@gmail.com, Sandpoint, ID Sat Feb 11, 2012

contract. Right now I have a solid monthly income of $1,100 and I can work full time at Walmart and other places. My credit score is aprox 628. Please my dear Friends is there any home you can find for us to fulfill our dream? myboysandcats@gmail.com

Answers

3
Sherry Mason, Agent, Grass Valley, CA
Mon May 21, 2012
No laughing here... You may want to research "lease options" you will need money up front, but may make good sense to work out a deal that could last a life time.
If you want to explore specific plans, I could meet with you and show you some different ideas.
Best wishes!
Smiles,
Sherry of Team Wood Realty
Keller Williams
Sherry@homesinsandpoint.com
Rachel Osbor…, Both Buyer And Seller, Sagle, ID
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Hello. I'm not a realtor but I do have a 2004 3 bedroom 2 bath manufactured home you might be interested in. Do you need something North of town or South? My husband and I might be interested in this. My realtor does have our place listed on this website and She has finances already in place. There is a home buying program from Mountain West which our place qualifies for! and we are offering an incentive of $3500.00 so you can use that as a down payment or buyers fees. Asking price is $99,000.00 but we would be willing to drop the price.Just need to negotiate. The place is move in ready.

Here is the link to view our place http://www.trulia.com/property/1065121325-101-Cedar-Hl-Sagle…
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Sat Feb 11, 2012
620 is a high enough credit score to buy a home so why do you want to start with a rent to own? There are plenty of horror stories about people trying to do rent to own only to do everything right on their side and the seller defaults and the home is foreclosed on. The best way to avoid that is to have you in control to start with by buying the home.

There are programs out there that help you with your down payment and closing costs if need be for your income level. You would have to actually secure a job first and depending on the loan program you would need to have a certain amount of time on the job too or at least an employment verification letter.

Even though I am licensed to sell anywhere in the state of Idaho, I prefer to admit I don't know specifics in Sandpoint (other than it is beautiful) so I would be glad to refer you to a few Realtors I know personally up there for you to interview.

Best of luck from Boise!
Jim