I submitted an offer on a short sale over 30 days ago and no response from the seller. Could a 3rd party negotiator delay the process?

Asked by V_Low, Louisville, KY Sun Feb 16, 2014

I submitted an offer and the seller has not accepted, countered, or rejected. My offer has not even been submitted to the bank and the home is still listed. They are using a third party negotiator. This should be the quickest part, does the negotiator slow things down.

Answers

1
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
V,
No way to know. If they truly want to sell and complete a short sale they should be communicating with you. Some agents and negotiators believe allowing the property to be on the market for a while before submitting offers improves the chances of getting an offer approved. On the other hand, they could be accumulating offers and you have no way of knowing the status of yours. Finally the seller may be using the illusion of working on a short sale to forestall the foreclosure. Again, there is no way of knowing without word from the listing agent or negotiator. What does your agent say?