I sold my house at 30722 old town spring rd, chaumont ny, in feb.2006, and now the house is abandoned and the

Asked by Corine Channell, 14838 Tue Jan 20, 2009

bank owns it. If I was interested in buying it back, where would I start, and how do I find out how much it is?

Answers

3
Amanda Miller’s answer
Amanda Miller, Agent, Chaumont, NY
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Hi Corine,

This is Amanda Miller from Lake Ontario Realty in Chaumont. I can help you with this property, it is actually for sale by the owner who is a broker. He has been trying to fix the house up and I have been in it. If you are interested in my help please call my cell 315-778-1191. It is not in foreclosure so no worries, but they are trying to repair it and im not sure it's exact condition.

Thank You
Stussy, , Alexandria Bay, NY
Mon Jan 25, 2010
corrine, first of all the house was not abandoned, the bank does not own it since it was purchased with cash and taxes were always paid. the owner moved to virginia with the military and sold it to dick kraft. he was waiting for winter to be over to come and flip the house. very interesting that you thought the house was abandoned. what made you think this? just because no one was living in the house didnt mean it wasnt owned by anyone and you had no right to go into that house. many things were stolen from the house and oddly enough they were things such as trim work that your late husband had hand made with your sons. again, house wasnt abandoned and you had no right to go take what wasnt yours. if you want to buy the house back you can call dick kraft at kraft realty in honeoye, new york. p.s thanks for the bogus checks you sent to pay for the removal of all your garbage when you sold us the house.
NoreenandWay…, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Tue Jan 20, 2009
The first step is calling the bank that holds the mortgage. You should have gotten that information on the offer or contract. Contact your closing attorney or the Realtor that represented you. Most times tho, if the new owner defaulted, the lender will put it on the market for sale but it can take 6months or more! They may have to clean it out, winterize, repairs, then they get 2 or 3 price opinions from different realtors, then price is determined and it will go on the market with some real estate agency. At some point a sign will be placed in the window on who to contact. I list a number of foreclosures and I get them at different stages of the foreclosed process. Hope this helps. Feel free to email any other questions NorWay@NoreenandWayne.com