I short saled on a home in 2009 so i wont qualify for a fha loan. We are looking to see if we get approved for a loan which one would suit us?

Asked by Jill Dushkevich-Simone, Milltown, NJ Mon Jan 6, 2014

Answers

9
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Tue Jan 7, 2014
Hi Jill
Contact Craig he may be able to help you if it has been more than 2 years.

Craig Andriulli
Vice President
Bond Street Mortgage, LLC
Office: 201-918-4980
Fax: 201-918-4981
Email: Craig@BondStreetLoans.com
Moretti Team, Agent, South Plainfield, NJ
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Jill,
Thank you for posing another question on Trulia.com. We will be happy to discuss your personal situation in private. Please reach out to the Moretti Team at 908-912-5295 or via email at Toni@MorettiTeam.com. We look forward to speaking and/or communicating with you personally.
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Mon Jan 6, 2014
If you wont qualify for an FHA loan you won't qualify for a conventional loan, either.
, ,
Mon Jan 6, 2014
What was the date the property was deeded out of your name? If you were behind on your mortgage payments at the time of the short sale and if has been over 3 years, you can qualify for an FHA mortgage (if you meet all the other criteria, i.e. income, assets, employment etc.)

Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803 or 973 979 4100. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario.

Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe

http://www.bartprequalifies.com

bart@bartprequalifes.com

800 315 8803
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Jill,
Shannon Ryan, Agent, Moriches, NY
Mon Jan 6, 2014
The new laws say 2 years if it was an economical hardship.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Not sure why you think you won't qualify for an FHA loan. If you have maintained your payments on other liabilities and your income to debt ratio is ok you should be able to get an FHA loan now that you are past the 3 years of your short sale.
, ,
Mon Jan 6, 2014
I am a bit confused on why you think you will not qualify for FHA? Below is FHA's requirement on a short sale.

3 years from the date the sale closed and transferred to the new owner.

You could still be eligible for FHA. Feel free to reach out to me through my profile. Best of luck!
, ,
Mon Jan 6, 2014
with the 4 years mentioned you should be able to qualify with a 10% down payment.