I see the acronym "MOL" in many land listings; what does it signify?

Asked by Adamntree, Santa Cruz, CA Sun Jul 6, 2008

Answers

5
Susan Wesely, , Saint Paul, MN
Sun Jul 6, 2008
It stands for "more or less" - and, to me, it's a strong hint that you will want a survey done, or you will at least want to see a plat map. Realtors are advised to use MOL and other disclaimers related to measurement because they are NOT surveyers or architects, and don't want to be held liable for exact figures. Example - I recently talked with a potential seller who said he had ten acres. Turns out the plat map shows only four acres... If I listed it as being 10 acres, someone might see a mis-representation lawsuit just waiting to happen. Actually, based on the plat map, I would have listed it as "4 acres, MOL".
Tomwoodbeck, Home Buyer, Spokane, WA
Tue Dec 22, 2015
MOL "Mortgage Origination License". Means they can do the loan for you as well as buy or sell the property. It's an endorsement. Not all agents have it.
Groveworld, , London Park, Houston, TX
Tue Oct 27, 2009
MOL stands for Metropolitian Open Land - land which is protected from inappropriate development
You are correct if you are living in London, UK. However, in the US it stands for More or Less.
Flag Sun Jul 13, 2014
Chris Warmuth, , Spokane, WA
Sun Jul 6, 2008
Nobody wants to tell you what it really means, but I will...........It means the home or land may have "Mice or Lice".........haha, ok, BethAnns' acronym was funnier :-) More or less, is what it means. Great question and thanks for asking. Take care, Chris Warmuth Windermere/North
I love it!!! Hysterical!!!!
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012
BethAnn Long, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Jul 6, 2008
Actually it means Monster of Love . JUST KIDDING!
More or less. This is for liabilty reasons, so you aren't declaring exact size.
Web Reference:  http://www.BethAnnHomes.com