I see questions on here, yet there's never really any answers. Does someone actually manage this website forum? Just curious.

Asked by shaineoas, Greenfield, WI Sat Aug 31, 2013

Answers

4
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat Aug 31, 2013
Most of the questions receive good answers. A few questions tend to be quite specific, though--asking about one specific property, often in some out-of-the-way location. In that case, it takes an agent who works that area to see the question and respond to it.

Sometimes the questions go beyond an agent's scope of practice--asking detailed legal questions, for example. In those cases, it's likely the responses will be along the lines of "Contact an attorney."

Sometimes, with questions sort of like yours, the reaction is, "Huh? That's not my observation or opinion" and--rather than specifically disagreeing--agents will just move on to questions they feel they can best answer.

Similarly--and again, like your question--the "set up" doesn't match the question. You say you see questions but "there's never really any answers." OK, that's an observation. But then you ask a totally unrelated question about whether someone manages this website. One is unrelated to the other. And lots of agents just don't understand what your point is.

Sometimes agents prefer to answer specific real estate questions, rather than "just curious" questions that really aren't about real estate. Such as: "How often is this site updated?" Or "Where did you get the information for my property from?" Those questions are best answered by Trulia support.

Sometimes a person will post the same question two or three times. Usually, the pros here will start with one of the questions and answer/respond to that...rather than spreading their answers out across three identical questions. If you happen to look at one of those duplicate questions, you won't see any answers because all the answers are on one of the other threads.

Some agents use Trulia almost exclusively as a marketing tool, so if a question doesn't provide an opportunity for them to offer their services, they tend not to answer. Nothing wrong with that; it's actually an efficient use of time. Others--the ones you see posting a lot, usually--also see Trulia as a way to help consumers with real estate questions.

shaineoas, Home Owner, Greenfield, WI
Mon Sep 2, 2013
Actually, my question was answered. I had it posted under the wrong section, as I'm new to the site. The section that I was looking at looking at, when I wrote this question, had numerous unanswered questions, and they were specific and well explained questions. Which is why I wrote that.

And yes, I do agree, for the most part, like my question (not this one, a different question I had) I had several helpful and insightful feedback, along with phone numbers and websites offering me additional help. It was amazing that there were so many friendly people on that page that were willing to help me out with my questions.
That I truly appreciate from the people that helped me with my actual "real" question.
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Sat Aug 31, 2013
What questions are you referring to. It is very rare that a question is not answered and by many unless of course it is spam as Brian already pointed out.

We would be happy to help you. What is your question?
Brian Crane, Agent, Fernandina Beach, FL
Sat Aug 31, 2013
All website forums are monitored for spam, vulgarity, unrelated advertising etc. Forums usually have admins to review questions and answers. I am uncertain how much control Trulia exercises though. Since this site is real estate related, all topics should reflect the goal of helping individuals purchase or sell their home.
for the record - no one "reviews questions and answers" unless they are FLAGGED by someone - by one of us - and even then many of them still are left alone.
Flag Sat Aug 31, 2013