I see lots of crime on the Trulia maps, but most of it seems to be "designated patrol area." What does this mean?

Asked by Rebecca, Old West End, Toledo, OH Sun Mar 9, 2014

Does Mount Dora actually have that much crime, or are these just areas with regular patrols to prevent crime?

Answers

3
Lauren Lester, Agent, Lady Lake, FL
Wed Jan 28, 2015
There are designated patrol areas in place for preventative measures. Included in "crime" are traffic stops, accidents and home checks, so the severity and definition of the " crimes" are quite vague. As another response suggested, if you are still concerned then checking with the local police department is a great idea. I personally have not heard of a high crime rate there and believe Mount Dora is an absolutely lovely town with plenty to do and see.
breezy owens, Agent, Mount Dora, FL
Mon Aug 25, 2014
We here in Mount Dora feel very fortunate to have a low crime rate. We have lived here for 34 years in
a neighborhood with 75 homes. We have had no crime. We have a great Police Department here and they do patrol areas they are concerned about to prevent crime. Come visit and feel the community unity and
love for our little town.

Hope this helps,

Breezy Owens
Bill Deese,…, Agent, Leesburg, FL
Sun Mar 9, 2014
Hi Rebecca, I would recommend you contact the Mount Dora Police Dept or the Lake County Sherriff's Dept for information on crime statistics. Either of these can be found by googling the names of the agency.
I can only say this, I have lived in Mount Dora for 15 years and I lived nearby for another 9 years and have never had any crime in my neighborhoods. There are still many days we forget to lock our front door and I have never had a problem.