The seller unfortunately has the right to accept the terms that are acceptable to him. If this doesn't feel comfortable in your budget or what you feel the home is worth, you can do one of two things. You can stand firm on your offer or check out other options available to you. You are in the drivers seat. Hopes this information helps.
Stand your ground and don't put yourself in a bind. Know that there will be plenty of other opportunities to buy another property this foreclosure mess is far from over and it will take years and years for a recovery we are older and have been through a similar situation in the 80's. Good Luck and Happy 4th!
And my "best offer" was my first offer... but, I'm in no hurry, I have no current house, I'm not asking for any contingencies, we're very flexible on the close, we have a pre-approval letter... and our offer on the table.
If you really like the house, it is worth doing everything you can if you'd really regret losing it.
If they donâ€™t accept your offer they may be waiting a while for another and eventually accepting one around your price. If it is within reason I say - send back a counter offer.
Look at it this way the Seller will either come around or you will find another property that won't put you in financial hardship.