I really like to observe wildlife and nature. What part of West Milford would have this feature?

Asked by Patricia, West Milford Sun Jul 1, 2012

Is there any part of West Milford that lacks wildlife sightings?

Answers

8
Ratzass1, Home Buyer, West Milford, NJ
Tue Jun 14, 2016
wildlife??? c;mon down to my house, i show you w3ild life!!hooooodoggie......drink us sum beer and hard liquor and let the good times rool mommas!!!
Mark Werner, Agent, West Milford, NJ
Mon Apr 15, 2013
EVERYWHERE!! With nearly 80 Square Miles, Nature surrounds West Milford.
Judi Bogart, Home Buyer, West Milford, NJ
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Almost any area that isn't right down town. Naturally, wildlife will draw to more isolated areas where the houses are farther apart, but you will likely have deer, wild turkeys and black bear coming into your yard. You might like to go to Waywayanda State Park, especially off season...but during season watch toward the back grasses. Chances are you will spot a bear or two and none of the bathers even notice that they are back there. I don't know how familiar you are with birds or black bear, but a birdfeeder will do wonders to the species that you will attract. Just always remember to keep it filled in the WInter, because if it becomes an established feeding station they rely on it for survival. Black bear are beautiful. They are not aggressive (unless cornered when they will will bluff charge and swat with a huge paw that could do alot of damage...but they will climb a tree if possible instead). They are naturally curious and will look straight at you as they approach.It might make you feel like you are being stalked, but you aren't. If you are holding any food just drop it and walk away, that's all. .
VPETRUCCI110, Home Buyer, Oak Ridge, NJ
Fri Jul 27, 2012
mY HOME IS FOR SALE...IN NEWFOUNDLAND, NJ WHICH IS PART OF WEST MILFORD. CLOSE TO HIGHWAY WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT WHEN LIVING IN WEST MILFORD. CHECK IT OUT ON MULTIPLE LISTING. 110 OXBOW LANE... HAPPY SEARCHING.

PLENTY OF WILDLIFE IN OUR AREA TOO!!
N UDEFOUNDLAND?? yu meenz weuns cann run round buck nekked that? duz tha skeeters gnaws on yer tallywakker? iz the NAYBURRZ SO CLOSE THEY CAN SNIFF MUH BEER FARYS?????
Flag Tue Jun 14, 2016
Thanks!! I just bought a home in Stony Point, Ny and was told there is plenty of wildlife. I have been here since Jan and all I see are squirrels!!
Flag Sun Jul 29, 2012
Susan Stinne…, Agent, Parsippany, NJ
Fri Jul 13, 2012
There really are so many beautiful areas of our town with wildlife. I would be very happy to show you them.
I do have the listing in Lakeside Community that may suit your needs as well. Please call if I can be of assistance.
Loida Claudio, Agent, Ringwood, NJ
Thu Jul 12, 2012
I actually had the pleasure of viewing 2 Twin Oaks Trl located in the Hewitt section of West Milford NJ and its absolutely beautiful.
What a nice home!! I just bought a home in Jan. in Stony Point, NY and all I get are squirrels and sparrows. I am experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse. In this poor economy I will now need to wait a couple of years before I resell. In the meantime I am scoping out better "wildlife" areas so I do not make the same mistake twice.
Flag Sun Jul 29, 2012
Lmc, Home Seller, West Milford, NJ
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Patricia, If you like wildlife and nature head over to Lakeside Community by Greenwood Lake. We see a variety of wildlife all day long as the house is across from a mountain which is dense forest and just below the community is the Greenwood Lake itself. Bears, Coyote, Bobcat, fox, opossoms, racoons, squirrel, many bird species including hawk and eagle,snakes including rattlers, and all of the waterfowl and fish at the lake are found here. You can sit on the deck and watch all of these animals enter the yard, or hike a trail and see them in plain site. Check out 2 Twin Oaks Trail, West Milford/Hewitt. Listed with a big price reduction! Get in before the end of the warm weather and enjoy all that this house has to offer regarding your love for nature and wildlife!
Loida Claudio, Agent, Ringwood, NJ
Sun Jul 1, 2012
I'm a Realtor and also a resident of West Milford of 14 years. I'm located closer to the center of town and have seen wild turkeys, deers, red fox, turtles, bears and coyotes on my property and my neighbors property. I also have friends spread throughout the many sections of West Milford which have seen the same. Changes are the closer you are to state owned land the more of a variety you will see. Email me at westmilfordhome@gmail.com and I will be more then happy to send you photos I took.