Seriously123, Home Buyer in Grays Ferry, Philade...

I put in 3 offers recently..fair offers and told it was sold. Now it's off the market. How do I contact the owner?

Asked by Seriously123, Grays Ferry, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jan 19, 2012

Answers

15
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Seriously,

The best thing for you to do is contact a good Realtor who can help you. I don't know how you "put in 3 offers" but if it was through a Real Estate Agent, that agent should be able to follow up directly with the owner for you.

If you would like guidance and assistance from a professional Realtor, please feel free to call me. I'd be glad to speak with you about your Real Estate goals and how I can help you achieve them.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
Bob Jakowini…, Agent, Livonia, MI
Thu Jan 19, 2012
This could be a pretty serious issue in our area. Agents have to at least present the offer to the homeowner unless their are other arrangements made with the homeowner.
Brian Fletc…, Agent, Springfield, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Hello Seriously,

Unfortunately, real estate agents are humans first. The fact that your offers weren't presented is a shame for all of us in the industry. Let me help you believe again. I have listed, sold and purchased homes in Grays Ferry, as well as having many relatives in the neighborhood. Please allow me to take your offer to their doorstep and get you the property that you deserve. Looking forward to helping you.

Thank You,
Brian Fletcher.
Century 21 Absolute
Brianffletcher@gmail.com
Bruce Lang, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
the info available on line isn't always reliable,....check with the seller or your agent....a lot of items can still be "sold" and show as expired.
Robert D Hug…, Agent, Devon, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
From your reply Seriously123, best to contact owner direct and inform them of your offers, if you truly believe your offers were not presented to the owner. All other details with agents can be worked out later. That way you can be assured the owner is aware of your offer/offers. If the owner wants you to go through his representatives, you will need to respect his preference.

Good luck, hope it works out for you,

Rob Hughes-Long and Foster-RE INC.
Carl Caldas, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Solid advice has been given. Just be persistant with the listing side for some answers as well.
In the future if you end up pursuing another property don't hesistate to use an agent to represent
your offer it will help you maintain more control of things and prevent these kind of questions go unanswered.

I have been shopping a client myself recently in Grays Ferry and am happy to look into it for you and provide further advice.

Carl Caldas
CITYSPACE
215-279-1897
ccaldas@phillycityspace.com
Seriously123, Home Buyer, Grays Ferry, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
I viewed the property. Submitted my earnest deposit and offer to the listing agent. I was told they could not reach the seller, only to find out that the listing was about to expire in a few days. I actually placed a higher offer on the day the listing stated EXP. I didn't know it was about to expire until later that evening after I placed another offer, that I did see the listing was EXPIRED! I was told they had higher offers? I don't believe my offer was ever submitted to the seller..any of them. I would like to contact the seller myself just so I can believe in professional business practices once again.
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Hi. John is right. I often look at expireds/withdrawns and contact the owner on behalf of my client. Call your Realtor or any of the Realtors here who have answered you.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
215.735.2225
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Good Morning,
If you are being represented by an agent...... This is where you separate you run of the mill agent .... to an aggressive buyer agent.
I would like to give advice but if you’re with an agent then…… tell him to get on the phone!

All the best, John Curci RE/MAX
Web Reference:  http://www.homecatch.com
Robert D Hug…, Agent, Devon, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Ana, is right Seriously123; knock on the owners door, if you don't not have an agent or representative who can tell you if it is or isn't actively listed. Anyone of us below can check the tax records for you with an address of the property as well as the history of the home if it was listed in Trend MLS.

Otherwise good ole door knocking as a great idea. Worst that can happen is the owner tells you they are not selling anymore. Transactions fall apart every day in the current market we are in. So not uncommon to be Sold, then available again.

Best of luck,

Rob Hughes: Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
(Associate Broker) (AB065650)
(Hughes Associates) (Realtor since 1987)

Office: 610-225-7400 x7438

Cell# 484-410-9765 (Preferred)

http://WWW.DELVALREALESTATE.COM

http://WWW.ERICMAYMORTGAGE.COM
Charles Bald…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Hi Seriously 123,

I recommend that you contact your realtors. If this property had sales activity and is now off the market, it indicates that the property possibly has some hurdles to overcome. Your realtor will understand how to probe the circumstances to represent your interests in acquiring the property.

Good Luck.

Yours truly, Charles Balducci

215.531.2000
cbalducci@cbpref.com

Coldwell Banker Preferred (Avenue Arts)
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Did you put in 3 offers on the same house or are you making offers on multiple properties at the same time? If you are referring to one particular property and you were told it was sold and now you are being told the home is off the market it could be for a few reasons. Perhaps, the owner accepted an offer only to find out that their home is not salable at this time because of unforseen liens, financial reasons that prevent them from moving forward , perhaps they just changed their mind, or they may need to make an unforseen repair before it can be offered for sale again.. The best way to find out if a home is still available is to ask your agent or call the listing agent. Let the agent know you are still interested in buying it and want to be notified if it becomes available again. They may contact the owner on your behalf, it is worth a try.
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com
Brian Fletc…, Agent, Springfield, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
If the property was listed with a broker, I could contact the agent to see who the owner is and if they are still on the market. If it is not listed with a broker currently, email me and I will knock on their door if I have to so I can deliver your offer.

Brian Fletcher
Century 21 Absolute
Brianffletcher@gmail.com
Alexander Sh…, Agent, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Hello Seriously123,

There are 2 ways. Get contact information from the Public Record or stop by the property if it is the Owners Primary residence. I can get you the contact information from the public record but i need to know the address.

Please call me @ 267 738 0886

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
Web Reference:  http://www.eRealtyFind.com
Ana Barlow, Agent, Philadadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Knock on the door. Wait 60 - 90 days and check out the city property records for the property owners names.

Ana Barlow
Coldwell Banker Preferred
anabarlow@gmail.com