I put in an offer on a reo from American Home Sales. They countered and I accepted their counteroffer. I

Asked by Itsyogi1, Racine, WI Thu Jun 18, 2009

signed the addendums to the contract and everything. I sent in the earnest money of $1000.00 and I get an email from their listing agent stating the house is being sold in a high Volume - bulk sale. Can they do this even though they gave me a closing date?

Answers

1
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Not cool.

Is your contract fully ratified? If the contract is not fully ratified, then chances are they can do it, but your agent would have to put you in touch with an attorney to help you interpret the law relating to verbal contracts. If it is fully ratified, then read the contract specifically for language allowing that. Again, an attorney can tell you if the language in the contract is enough, as some things found in contracts are rendered void or unenforceable by state or local code. If the contract is ratified and there's no language in there allowing this action, then my guess (guess) is that you can enforce the contract. No matter which applies, you'll need an attorney on this one.