I pulled my credit score on creditkarma.com, and it was 622. I want to know if it's possible to purchase a home with a score this low? I'm a teacher,

Asked by regg1967, Akron, OH Tue May 27, 2014

Answers

2
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed May 28, 2014
Getting a mortgage is more than just a score, it is your income, debt and credit history as well as how much you have for a down payment and closing costs. Meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can pre-qualify you at no cost and let you know what is available to you.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Wed May 28, 2014
You should have a lender check your credit. The public scores differ from the bank scores because of the FICO algorithm that the banks use. You should also inquire about an FHA loan, these are insured by the Federal Housing Administration. They allow for lower then average credit scores and 3.5% minimum down payment. One warning is you will have PMI for the life of the loan and also pay up front premiums. Your loan officer will go over all of the details with you.

Chris