I plan on moving to Winston Salem area next Summer, whats the best area (zip codes) for schools?

Asked by cspurdom, Winston-Salem, NC Sun Sep 30, 2012

Answers

5
Arlene Rouse…, Agent, Winston Salem, NC
Thu Aug 22, 2013
As you can see we love our schools no matter what the zip code!! For better results come visit and plan to tour a few schools!
Louise Campb…, Agent, Clemmons, NC
Wed May 22, 2013
What makes a good school depends on what you're looking for. I agree that ncschoolreportcard.org is a good place to get information about the schools, but there are magnet programs as well as academically gifted programs throughout Forsyth County. There are many options, and you don't necessarily have to live in a certain zip code to go to a specific school the way things are set up at present.

In my personal experience with three children educated in the local public schools, a great teacher is more important than a school with great test scores. If you'd like to chat more about it, please feel free to call me or email. If you're not currently working with an agent, I'd be glad to help you find what you're looking for!
Margaret Moo…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat Apr 6, 2013
You can find a lot of information about a school system or even a particular school at NC ReportCard.com. It provides information on student achievement, size, etc for all of the schools in an easy to use format.
Hope this helps,
Margaret Moore
misterdanran, , Winston-Salem, NC
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Not sure how big are your kids. Zone 5 district(area code 27106) has the best rated Elementary, Middle and High schools. Good luck looking.
Katiee, Home Buyer, Winston-Salem, NC
Tue Oct 30, 2012
I am a teacher in the Forsyth County School distric and the best area code for schools are 27127 (Winston-Salem) and 27103 (ardmore/W-S) area. Ardmore has Moore elementary school as well as Reyonolds High School a few miles down the road. Both are great schools and have been renovated as well with great staff! hope this helps!
I reside in the 27127 zip code...fasted growing area in Winston-Salem. The Kingstree neighborhood is where I live and chair the neighborhood watch group. Very safe, well-cared for homes, old stately trees remain. We have many teachers and college professors with whom reside in Kingstree, too.
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012