I petitioned the Superior Court to partition the sale of my home that I purchased with my ex boyfriend. He has outer me out of the house; I have a

Asked by sheisacruzin, Thousand Oaks, CA Mon Jun 17, 2013

lien against my 50%. My question is I filed the les Penden and had it recorded. Do I give notice to the people who have the lien against me or redo my complaint?I don't know what to do next.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Barry Shapiro’s answer
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Mon Jun 17, 2013
That is an easy question to answer. Interview and hire a real estate and family law attorney. I know of a couple if you don't already have a local real estate and family law attorney.
1 vote
, ,
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Barry is correct; do not be cheap on this, hire an attorney. You may be able to get one to work and get paid out of the proceeds. A mistake most likely can cost you much more than the attorney.
1 vote
Joan Roberts, Agent, Ojai, CA
Tue Jun 18, 2013
This is a very serious matter and I would not mess around with trying to figure it out yourself. Take the good advice given and hire an attorney to get you though it without mistakes.
Best wishes to you. . .
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more