Bigbert, Other/Just Looking in 10452

I paid an attorney to represent me at a closing,but the seller's agent needed more time to prepare, because

Asked by Bigbert, 10452 Thu Dec 20, 2007

the title agency made some document errors. So I granted the seller more time past the closing date, but then my attorney told me that I had forfieted my deposit to him. Can he do that? We never did that closing, he didn't do anything for me? What should I do?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Hector Lugar…, Other Pro, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Oct 25, 2013
Learn from this mistake. First of all, you don't need a lawyer to represent you at the closing. A good title company can do just the same. If you hire a title company, be sure to consult about how they would handle the closing contract if this same situation was to occur.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more