Home Buying in Milton>Question Details

Jenny Lee, Home Buyer in Pace, FL

I noticed a number of new home subdivisions such as Rustic Ridge. My son purchased a home in a Milton subdivision. The homes are built poorly as the c

Asked by Jenny Lee, Pace, FL Tue Sep 17, 2013

cabinets were simply glued onto the walls. How can the quality of the building be determined, as Florida constructors do not have great reputations?

Typically, your Buyer Agent, who would represent you, the Buyer, in the transaction, would recommend several licensed and qualified home inspectors to choose from to give the home a thorough inspection before it was purchased. I recommend that my Buyers *ALWAYS* hire an inspector, even on new construction -- as items can be missed (or not hooked up), etc. This can happen in neighborhoods of expensive homes as well as less expensive homes.

However, some Buyers choose not to have an inspection done for new construction (usually they are trying to save the fee of several hundred dollars), but what they do not know to look for can cost them much more down the road.

Some Builders have better reputations than others, just as is true in any profession. You can check them out online or through organizations such as the Better Business Bureau. You can also check to see if they have any complaints filed against them with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

Your Agent should be able to assist you with this.

If you have additional questions, feel free to call or email me.

Barbara Murphy
Broker, Tartan Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
most likely a henry home. you poor thing I was treated the same
Yes it was!
Flag Sat Feb 1, 2014