I notice that inventory is low and demand is quite high in this desirable Roseville community.

Asked by margegj, 95747 Wed Oct 30, 2013

What are agents looking for in a potential buyer who is interested in
purchasing here?

Answers

7
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Thu Oct 31, 2013
It is a senior community. At least one of the intended occupants needs to be 55 years or older.
Note, I said occupant.. Buyer could be younger investor or child of a senior.
Jan Barrett, Agent, Roseville, CA
Wed Oct 30, 2013
I recommend being prequalified through a local lender prior to looking so you and the agent are confident in what your purchasing power is.
Teri Andrews…, Agent, Auburn, CA
Wed Oct 30, 2013
Sellers and Agents are always looking for serious commited Buyers in any community. With the lower inventory and continued high Buyer demand having a loan pre-approval, or proof of cash to purchase is a must.

Agents are also looking for a Buyer that will stick with them, as the time and effort to find and possibly write multiple offers and then get through the process to closing can be great and agents only get a pay day when a closing occurs. If a Buyer is bouncing around to different agents that Buyer is probably not getting the committed service they need to find and close on a property in this market.

Be clear in what you want and what you can afford, but also be ready to the possibility of compromise on the less important items and you will find your next home.
Shawn Bates, Agent, Roseville, CA
Wed Oct 30, 2013
Yes Sun City has remained a very tight market. Sun City gets a lot of all cash buyers. This is usually more attractive to seller because the deal has better odds to close. If your not all cash you will probably have to increase your asking price. It also really helps to have an agent that knows the market and what will be coming up for sale in that market. When there is limited inventory you would ideally like to get in before the house hits the market.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Shawn Bates
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Oct 30, 2013
Hello Margegj,

This is the same in many markets. The decision to accept an offer is up to the seller.

Here are some tips to help your offer stand out:

1. Offer a shorter closing time frame
2. put down 10 to 20%
3. do not ask for closing cost help
4. get cross qualified by seller's preferred lender ( if they have preference)
5.make your BEST offer from the start, seller may not even counter you if they have multi offers and you are not competitive with your offer price.

Much Success to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Jimmy Payne, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Oct 30, 2013
You are not alone. Here in Georgia, we have a shortage of inventory as well. This time of year, coupled with the political issues recently with the gov't shutdown has slowed the buying frenzy so inventory should be coming back up and sellers seem to be more wiling to negotiate. I think this is a great time to buy. If you have money for a down payment and some closing costs and are pre approved, you should be highly sought after. I would suggest that you seek out representation from a Realtor with the Accredited Buyers Rep designation (ABR). Good luck and hope you find a home soon.
david fritsch, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Oct 30, 2013

Inventory is actually increasing over the past few months making it easier for home buyers.
I would say most agents are looking for a motivated and able buyer. One that is pre qualified with a lender. It looks like you are looking in Sun City?

I am happy to answer any other questions you have.

David