Home Buying in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

janemartin20…, Home Buyer in Myrtle Beach, SC

I notice a lot of new building and development in the Market Commons area. Is it likely that all of the open, wooded areas there will be developed?

Asked by janemartin2013, Myrtle Beach, SC Sat Aug 3, 2013

Answers

8
Some of the communities have room for expansion and there will probably be some additional phases added in some areas from what there is now in due time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 3, 2013
Dear Jane,

That would be my guess.

Michael J. Costello
Broker/Owner
Sea and Sand Realty
Myrtle Beach, SC.
(843) 333-1059
seaandsandrealty@gmail.com
http://www.seaandsandrealty.com
Lennar announced they will resume building in January or February 2014 in the Market Common area.
Jane, that is a great area, one that is desired by many. It is a PUD that offers something for everyone. A majority of the wooded areas on Farrow Parkway has plans to be developed. Paige Bird
Jane,
This may be a question you want to ask the Planning Board. Some undeveloped land may be build able but no plans to start any building are permitted yet. If you see open space with infrastructure started, its pretty safe to say that area will be build on unless of course the builder goes bankrupt. There are county & city ordinances that require tree buffers & plantings. Market Common is a planned urban development but they are planning to keep it as naturally beautiful as possible. Check out the link below, it will take you to the planning board's web page.

http://www.horrycounty.org/boards/planning-list.asp

Cordially,
Christine House
Century 21 Broadhurst & Associates
Christine@century21broadhurst.com
609-339-0916 Mobile
843-215-6831 Alt.
Dear Jane,

Please send me an email telling me what you are looking for and I will send you all of those listings (with photos) immediately.

Michael J. Costello
Broker/Owner
Sea and Sand Realty
Myrtle Beach, SC.
(843) 333-1059
seaandsandrealty@gmail.com
http://www.seaandsandrealty.com
Hi Jane,

Nobody can say for sure. From what I have seen happen in the last year, If there is land to be built on in that area, it will be.

Projections for the Market Commons area are very positive. The number of baby boomers retiring are at an all time high and they like the idea of having everything at their fingertips by just jumping in a golf cart! (I actually like that myself).

Great weekend,

Nancy
Market Common, as a planned urban development, has green space incorporated into the plan. Which group of trees are you referencing?

Thank you ...
Ginny Whipple
Dockside Realty Company
843.455.8488