I never hear from my agent/broker we have had only 2 showings and that was on the same day, we have been listed 3months

Asked by Goldenheartsinc, Fairport Harbor, OH Fri May 11, 2012

Answers

10
Nicholas Zer…, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Fri May 11, 2012
I am sorry to hear that, communication is very important, I would suggest to contact your agent, and consult with them, let your agent know that you want to communicate on a regular basis, let them know your expectations of them, unfortunately you have to remind them how to do there job. If I could ever assist you please feel free to contact me at anytime. I do wish the best!

Nicholas Zerinsky
Keller Williams GCNE
Direct/IFax #440 299-5260
nicholaszerinsky@kw.com
NicholasZerinsky.com
yourlocalhomesearch.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri May 11, 2012
Contact your agent and have a discussion regarding all your concerns; if the chat proves unsatifactory, call his/her broker owner, and or office manager and express your worries, you can ask to be assigned another agent from within for the duration of the contract, or ask to be unconditionally released...
Christine Ge…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Fri May 11, 2012
Then you need to go to their office! No, you shouldn't have to, but if they're not answering your calls, there's a problem. Communication between the seller and their agent is key to a successful sale. There may have been no showings because of price, or any number of reasons, it may not be the agent's fault that it's not getting any attention, but the agent needs to be answering your calls...
I have NEVER heard of paying a realtor or broker ANY money up front, unless you're selling your house "for sale by owner," and those I found online. And why won't they show you homes? You're preapproved and she won't take you? The only reason I can think of is if you need to sell YOUR home before you can buy another one... Heaven forbid you lost your buyer, you wouldn't be able to close on the NEW home...
Flag Sat May 12, 2012
She is the broker /owner we paid 995.00 up front guess she feels like she listed it and thats all she has to do , we are pre approved for a home loan....and want to look at homes but she refuses :( what a mess never ever pay a realtor up front
Flag Fri May 11, 2012
Tarheit, Home Owner, Ohio
Fri May 11, 2012
I'm not sure what you question is. Currently it's not uncommon for some listings to receive very few showings, but when a property doesn't get many showings your broker should be able to give you some idea why. (ie. Area, price vs similar homes, appearance or the home) Also should check where and how the home is being advertized.

Still, any good agent should follow up every week or two at a minimum even when there are no showings.
Marlo Catala…, , 44077
Wed Apr 9, 2014
Communication is something that should be covered in the very beginning of listing a home, since we all don't communicate on the same page. Some people may think once a month is great were others think its total neglect. I would reach out to your agent and say hey I wouldn't mind a call or text once a week for an update on any activity or something along those lines. :)
Cecilia Sher…, Agent, Rocky River, OH
Sun Oct 27, 2013
Goldenheartsinc, is there an update? How did things work out for you? Were you able to sell/buy?
Melissa Wigg…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Let your agent know that communication is important and mention how long you would like to receive updates. Express all of your concerns and find out how other listings are doing in your neighborhood.
Marlo Catala…, , Concord, Wickliffe, OH
Mon Jun 3, 2013
That needs to be handled as quickly as possible. Communication is key with anything in life. Did your agent go over what happened in those showings? The price of the home could be the problem? Give me a call or text at 440 339 3069
OR email at marlorealty@yahoo.com- I live in the same area as you.

Talk with you soon!
Cecilia Sher…, Agent, Rocky River, OH
Fri May 11, 2012
That can be very frustrating! I would definitely let them know how you feel and ask them to step it up a bit! Request information on what they're doing to get it sold. Have they asked you to make any changes? Price, repairs, etc? Are you both on the same page with getting the home sold? Honesty is the best policy and be blunt. Your agent should have had this discussion with you when you sat down with them. Contact should have been talked about. Some sellers don't want weekly or bi-weekly calls, only if something new happens. Some want more communication. He/She should have had that conversation with you about how frequently you want to be contacted and about what. Hopefully things will get better!

Cecilia Sherrard & Andrew Ginter
RE/MAX NE Ohio
440-781-8737
http://www.YouShouldOwn.com
Web Reference:  http://www.YouShouldOwn.com
the Company reality sells for 1% or less Bianca Bicaci ...they advertise as being a full service realtor...but that is not true ..yes we would welcome showings everyday, we have lowered our price 2 times already, we are not getting anywhere with the broker who is the owner , we did not know about this company before we signed with them a BIG MISTAKE,,we should have checked them out first ..we have since found out ...there are 3 BBB complaints and 11 complaints with the dept of commerence, we dont know how they are still able to swindle people we just want them to give us back our hard earned money and let us out of this contract ......we were hoping to get our home sold this year and if we would have gone with w reputable company this never would be happening
Flag Sat May 12, 2012
Liz Jones, , Fairlawn, OH
Fri May 11, 2012
You need a agent that keeps in contact with you I keep my sellers and buyers in the loop call me if you want a hard working agent be glad to help you thanks Liz jones 440-364-5693