I need to find a rental in WeHo but I live on the east coast currently. What will I need to get approved to rent as I won't have pay stubs?

Asked by Armor.fair, Philadelphia, PA Sun Jun 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Brad Korb, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
It all depends on the owner/property mangement company,if you have a job here and strong money reserves in the bank it should be fine.Good Luck !
1 vote
Charles Irv…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Hello Armor
Thank you for allowing me the chance to be of service to you .
Armor you will need a savvy agent that has his pulse on the real estate market here in Hollywood California thats me…check out my pinterest.com/charlesirving/boards/here for more information about Hollywood ..

I have established relationships with several leasing companies here in the Hollywood market. If you have all the proper paper work /ID and ect.. We could theoretically get you a unit ready for you while you are still living in Philadelphia so when the time comes for you to move your apartment is secured..
A good realtor like me will know how to navigate most situations for a favorable out come if we know what we are dealing with .

Disclose all information on Income , Credit , Rental History, that includes evection and ect.. to your agent .( Your failure to disclose truthful information will result in wasted time and money ..)

Most companies will require the following for a rental
1. 580 or better credit score
2. landlord references , past or present
3. Your income should be equal to at least two times the rental amount
4. no evictions
5. you should have the ability to pay several months in advance
6. It would be nice if you had a written job offer in hand that can be verified .
7. If you have any problems with the above stated requirements let me know so that I can craft a plan to find a place for you ..
my contact information:
323 239-4273
1 vote
Gail Mercedes…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
You will have to have some verification of employment. If there are no pay stubs then there should be W2s or 1040s for last 2 years. Another challenge is proof of future employment in L.A. since you will be moving from east coast. In addition to verification of employment the home owner will run a credit report.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
0 votes
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Jun 4, 2013
You can bring your "East Coast Pay Stubs" your "East Coast Bank Statements" and also your FICO score and current credit report. Since you are not from the area, bring references too.
0 votes
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
A job will help or money in the bank. Good references and a decent credit history will help seal it.
0 votes
Sonya Coke, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Are you self employed? If so, copies of recent bank statements showing your deposits will work. You'll also need a copy of your driver's license (or another form of ID) and a copy of your credit report. Visit http://www.freecreditreport.com to get one for free.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more