I need to find a good mortgage broker in sicklerville, NJ to get pre approve or see what i need to work on for a mortgage

Asked by James Thomas, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jun 30, 2011

Answers

11
Shane Milne’s answer
Shane Milne, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, South Jordan, UT
Thu Jun 30, 2011
You can get recommendations up the wazoo - but how do you know if that person is any good? Jose? Bob? Natasha?

Explore at least 3 options, and preferably at least 1 mortgage broker, 1 mortgage loan officer who works for a bank, and also one that would work at a smaller direct mortgage lender (not a broker, and not a bank, just a mortgage lender who arranges loans and sells them afterwards - usually to the banks)... it wouldn't be a bad idea if you had the time to interview up to 6. That way you can get a feel for how each does business, because not every mortgage broker is the same as another mortgage broker, etc.

You'll want to ask what the pre-approval process entails and how long it takes. Will the underwriter who will be allowing your loan to close be the person reviewing your file as part of that process? Will it just be the loan officer reviewing your information? Will they even ask you for documentation?

You'll also want to ask what types of programs they offer, and once your documentation has been thoroughly examined you'd want to get what options would then apply to you, as well as ask what your loan officer thinks would be the best loan program for your situation.

You'll want to ask what type of fees & costs you could expect to incur along the way (credit report, earnest money deposit, home inspection, appraisal fee, closing costs, etc.), how much those costs are estimated to be, and when they are expected to be paid (at the time the service is performed, at closing, etc).

You'll also want to ask what type of loan terms can they offer you if you were to lock in your interest rate today.

You should also ask when & how they will be available - are you someone who likes to discuss things after the normal work hours on the phone? In person on a Saturday? Through email?

There are more variables to think of, some will be important to you and others will not, however I truly believe that you will have a feeling inside of you of pure comfort when you have found the loan officer who will be the perfect fit. You will leave the conversation having a full understanding of the road ahead and what is expected of you, as well as you'll feel the loan officer has left no stone unturned when going over your situation.

I'd be happy to help go over your situation to determine if you can be pre-approved, or if not, what you'd need to do in order to become pre-approved.
M. Llamas, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Whippany, NJ
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Jim,
My question for you is how bad you want to purchase you first home. “If the answer is yes”. I can help you. With the right guidance I think that you can be ready sooner than you think. There are some lending options for 100% financing. VA loan, if you or your spouse was ever in the military or USDA loan if you find a home that considered to be in a rural area.
My office is in Manalapan NJ, I will be more than happy to provide you with a pre approval or to take on any of your questions.
Antonio Llamas 973 460 4687 allamas@westtownsb.com
Catherine Wa…, Agent, Turnersville, NJ
Fri Jul 1, 2011
James:

I do agree with Larry on this and everyone also gave you good information. Realtors are not permitted to counsel you on what is necessary for you to do to improve your credit score, however a good mortgage broker can do that. A mortgage broker is not the direct lender but may counsel you on what you need to do to better your credit score, get you pre-approval and will shop the best loans and loan rates for you regarding your situation. I have several clients in this process now. I am a Prudential agent and I generally use Trident Mortgage because I can count on what they do and what they say. My mortgage broker, Pam, what she says is what you get and they are very good. If you want more information, please feel free to contact me.

Catherine (Cathy) Watts, Realtor, ABR, ARC, e-Pro
Prudential Fox & Roach (Washington Twp.)
Turnersville, NJ 08012
609-254-0328
catherine.watts@prufoxroach.com
Larry Sarlo, Agent, North Wildwood, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Shane I like your answer Gave you a thumbs up for it too.

JAMES: You may want to also look at Pre qual vs Pre Approval. Shane mentions but not really explains difference but still good info he has provided.

There is a difference. A pre qual does not give a true picture of your actual credit worthiness. pre-qualification does not include an analysis of your credit report or an in-depth look at your ability to purchase a home. It is usually the beginning stage of purchasing and then you go thru the process of pre approval.

The pre approval will give you more stable info of how much you can borrow, interest rate info etc. , With pre-approval, you will receive a conditional commitment in writing for an exact loan amount, allowing you to look for a home at or below that price level.

The Pre Approval puts you at an advantage when dealing with a potential seller, as he or she will know you're one step closer to obtaining an actual mortgage. In todays difficult lending times, the Pre Approval is a much better offer on the table.

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
Washington Twp
609-868-1171
lsarlo@comcast.net

http://www.LarrySarlo.com
http://www.SearchNJForeclosures.com
., , Tranquil Place, Carefree, AZ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
It is best to talk to an agent that deals with several mortgage reps and I too have names to give you that will be able to tell you whether you are currently able to buy or what you need to do to improve your scores. If you contact me we can discuss your situation and proceed from there.
Web Reference:  http://www.gyleshomes.com
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
James, rather than just list 3 random mortgage people here, why don't you contact me in private and let me know what your situation is:

What price range are you thinking of?
How is your credit?
Any other issues I should be aware of?

Then I can send you 2 or 3 names of mortgage reps that have actually helped other clients of mine in the same situation.
Web Reference:  http://FamousEric.com
Gina, , Turnersville, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Hi James,

You may want to speak with Alex. He really works hard to get the job done no matter what the situation is.
Here is his contact info:

Alex Taberne' NMLS #144989...Licensed...NJ, PA ,DE
Mortgage Banker
Allied Mortgage Group
1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
856-782-2740- Office
215-266-0663- Cell
ataberne@alliedmg.com

If I can be of further help, please contact me anytime!
Gina Fagnani/Realtor Associate
GinaFagnani@aol.com
Larry Sarlo, Agent, North Wildwood, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
I can give you 3 to go to.
Joe Cordova Lincoln financial Phone: (856) 304-2381
Rick Milner Chase Bank 856-396-2801
Rich Bersani 856-401-9090

Any of these are great responsible Mortgage reps familiar with the area. Good Luck!

If I can be of any other assistance please contact me.

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171

http://www.LarrySarlo.com
http://www.SicklervilleShortSaleRealtor.com
http://www.SearchNJForeclosures.com
Toni Sadiq-L…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Hi James,

I work with William Delatorre who is with Wells Fargo. His email is william.delatorre@wellsfargo.com. He can give you tons of information regarding special programs for first time homebuyers. However, I notice you're in PA, if you are planning to buy in PA I can refer you to someone who does loans in PA.

Let me know.
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
James,

I would recommend contacting Jeff Belonger through his Trulia profile: http://www.trulia.com/profile/Jeffmortgageman

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
Catherine Mc…, Agent, Deptford Township, NJ
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Mr. Thomas feel free to give me a call and I will be more than happy to give you several lenders in the area who can help you with getting a mortgage pre qualification.

Cathie McKendry
Weichert Realtors
856-404-5222