I need to commute into Boston for my job and we only have one car.

Asked by Scott, Norwood, MA Tue Jan 22, 2013

Does anyone know of any practical way of getting to the closest Commuter Rail station from Foxboro either via Shuttle service or bike?

Answers

2
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Aparently, the town of Foxborough operates a commuter parking lot and shuttle service for town residents. The commuter parking lot, located at 41 County Street, is open Monday through Friday. Shuttle service is provided by GATRA.

For parking fees and additional information, contact the Foxborough Town Hall at 508-543-1219.

http://www.gatra.org/index.php/routes/foxborough/

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Carissa Whit…, , Foxboro, MA
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Depending on where in Foxboro you are, you may be able to bike to the Mansfield MBTA Station. The Mansfield train line is a great MBTA option to get in to Boston. They even have shorter "Express Trains" during peak commuting hours.
We'll be on Oak Street. I think there's a shuttle parking lot on County Street; but not sure if there's a place there to lock up a bike and take the shuttle. Not even sure if they'll let me if I don't pay for a permit to park. Looks like I'll need to contact Foxboro Town Hall and ask if that can be done.
Flag Tue Jan 22, 2013