I need help with financing as well as navigating grants and all the different programs out there to help people with disabilities.

Asked by Disabledann, Fairfax, VA Fri Jul 13, 2012

I posted once before but since I have more information now I thought I would post again in the chance that someone will be able to help.

I'm interested in purchasing a condo for $170k. I would need to
obtaining an FHA loan for $140k. I only make $18k/yr (which is tax exempt) but because I receive monthly support from my family I am able to afford higher monthy payments than I normally would be able to.

I have $30,000 to use as a down payment if needed. I have a co-signer/co-borrower with fair credit and although she only earns approx 40k/yr she has a lot of assets/collateral.

I have been told by social workers that there are government grants designed specifically for people with disabilities to pay down payments. But I need to find someone that can help me navigate all of this.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ingrid Mendez, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Fri Jul 13, 2012
I suggest you contact an FHA specialist, I recommend Ramon Morales:

0 votes
Flag Sat Jul 14, 2012
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Jul 13, 2012
You need a good local Realtor® and a good local lender to work the area programs. At that point a property in the 170k range may be a problem due to your income. Check with a local lender to give you a hand I am sure that a local Realtor® will post on here soon.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Gainesville Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more