I need a real estate agent who knows how to work with VA loans. Is it true there are real estate agents that offer to pay home inspection?

Asked by Clarissa Ramos, Philadelphia, PA Wed Jul 27, 2011

first time home buyers, VA, perks?

Answers

18
Maria Votluc…, Agent, North East, MD
Wed Jul 27, 2011
The biggest challenge with VA loans is finding the property within your budget that will pass the more stringent inspections. Lenders and Realtors like me work together to help get you in the right home. As far as Realtors paying for your inspections, that is not general practice but some may offer the incentive to get you to work with them. Rather than focusing on saving $250 on inspection, try to focus on working with an agent that is completely on your side, will work hard for you, and will do everything to get you in the right home with ethical business practices. I am this type of agent, if you are interested, please get in touch 917.400.6637. If money is so tight that you cannot afford an inspection, purchasing a home at this point in time may not be right for you. Don't leave yourself house poor... you will still have taxes that go up yearly and home maintenance and repairs to contend with among other expenses.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
First of all; Thank you for serving! I was in the Navy during Nam, and no one said that to me in '72.

A VA loans is an excellent way to go; and it comes with the VA Office people to help you: They really care and ways to help that most Offices cannot. They do not have an axe to grind; you should follow them like a shadow.

Working with a VA Loan is not much different for us, we need to be aware of VA's limits and restrictions; but that is really the baliwick of the Title Company and the Lender. We need to know so that we can guide you and protect you.

And, NO, I doubt that any Agents will pay for your Inspections: You will find that those Inspections are critical and probably tax deductible.

Congratulations and Good luck on your Home Ownership.
Robert Schult, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Fri Jul 29, 2011
While it might be helpful to have an agent that has had VA experience, its far more important to have the right mortgage professional working with you to explain the VA loan program and guide you through the process.
Alexander Sh…, Agent, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Clarissa, Please remember when you apply for your mortgage - If you have a service related disability the funding fee for the Mortgage is waved. It's a significant amount

Alex Shulzhenko
Real Estate Professional
US Army Vet.
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
ReAlexS@gmail.com
http://www.eRealtyFind.com
Web Reference:  http://www.eRealtyFind.com
, ,
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Clarissa,

You should be looking for a mortgage professional that has experience with VA loans. Most realtors are not familiar with what costs a Veteran is allowed to pay. Here is a link that will have some useful information. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

http://www.valoans.com/va_facts_closing.cfm
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Wed Jul 27, 2011
I'm in an office in 19152 VIP Realty Corp 7942 Bustelton Ave 215-725- 5700 X49 I'm the What you see is what you get and I'll tell you the way it is guy. So here it is have I done VA deals YES Are there Real estate agents that pay for home inspections YES but I don't know any I'm sure there's one or two that will do anything for a BUYER. The truth being that any Agent can do a VA deal it's the Lender that has to deal with the VA loan. Don't let anyone tell you that the agent has to have VA closings or SPECIAL VA knowledge. Pick 3 agents in you area or the area you want to buy in and ask them. 1) What are you going to do for me that no other agent is going to do for you? 2) How much do they know about the area you want to buy in like how that area is holding price, any short sales in the area where the schools are. If you're a First time Home Buyer ask them about what and where you can learn about home buying. Any questions ok help you need call me Thanks Phil Cunningham 215-725-5700
Web Reference:  http://www.GreatPaRE.com
Clarissa Ram…, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
OK Don't bite my head off, lol. Just asking about the home inspection thing because someone had told me that. So, I definitely wanted to know if it was true because it did sound false. Believe me, if I couldn't pay for a home inspection why would I be looking into buying a house?! But, thank you for the great answers most of you gave me. I definitely will be contacting some of you to start my process on finding a great real estate agent!
Ed Fallon, M…, , West Chester, PA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Clarissa
I am experienced with VA loans and will be happy to help you out with the financial part, and answer any questions you have about VA loans, as well as information about combining the VA loans with other programs for first time buyers. Please call me anytime at 610-308-9001.
Ed Fallon, MBA NMLS#144708
Gateway Funding DMS
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Answer number 2 better known as updated info when you need to know about VA loans go to http://WWW.navyfereral.org all I can say is I did a loan here in PA while the Buyer was here and put the offer on a Philadelphia house then closed in Jacksonville FL at his duty station closing here and sign there via fax in their office Closing done in less then 1.5 hours. Try it you might like it. Phil Cunningham VIP Realty Corp 215-725-5700 X49 Oh by the way nothing is free always a price to pay
Cathy Sloan, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Clarissa

As far as an agents experience with a VA loan, It doesn't hurt to have an agent who knows how to write a VA offer and understands the difference and why and when they may need to allow additonal time for loan approval. The agent should be aware and be able to understand and explain VA funding fees The agent needs to know the right questions to ask you before writing your offer.

I'm here in Florida. Some agents elect to pay a portion of their commission at closing towards a Home Warranty, its not necessarly a gift but considered a rebate of a portion of our earned commission. It must be disclosed to all parties in the transaction and in many cases must be approved by the agents Broker.

I haven't heard of agents paying for Home Inspections. Since inspections are paid upfront ,before your final loan approval, this would be a poor business decision on behalf of the agent. There is no guarantee the agent will ever receive a commisison.

Some folks don't realize that agents earn a portion of the commission paid on the closing statement. In many cases its 1/4th of the total commission listed on the closing documents. The agent pays all their fuel and auto expenses, Liability insurance, personal advertising, MLS dues, local, state and National Associaltion dues and most times classes for additonal education needed. There are some who think we agents get reimbursed for our expenses. We Dont.
Karen Rice, Agent, Hawley, PA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Realtors who pay for home inspections should have their licenses revoked. Can you spell "conflict of interest" and "huge liability?" That would make their Errors & Omissions Insurance Provider happy! (NOT!)

A home inspection is another cost to figure in when planning your home-buying budget. Hold off until you are able to bear the costs associated with purchasing the home rather than ask someone else to give up part of their hard earned paycheck that goes to feed THEIR families and pay THEIR mortgages.
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Hi Clarissa, any agent should know how to work with VA loans as it is a common product that most of have done before. Real estate agents are prohibited by federal law from paying for home inspections. That would be considered a gift to you and we can only give our clients small thank you gifts, say $10. That said, some home inspection companies offer coupons to Realtors. I for one have a $25 off coupon for my trusted home inspector. Let me know if you would like more information.
Web Reference:  http://www.famouseric.com
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Hello Clarissa,

My name is Alex and I am a US Army Vet. I last server in 101st Airborne Div. as a Combat Engineer.
I have worked with VA Loan clients and currently have a VA loan myself. Please contact me at your leasure.
267 738 0886

Alex
Realty Mark
Web Reference:  http://www.eRelatyFind.com
George Chava…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Hi Clarrisa,

VA loans are handled by your mortgage company. If you need to speak with a Realtor I would be happy to answer your questions. As for home inspection, unless a company is running some kind of promotion- Buyers pay. I will also tell you that sometimes when you are a veteran, VA loans are still not the best option for you. Please feel free to contact me at 215-620-3798.
Rick Cummings, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Hi Clarissa,

I've done many VA loans. Please feel free to call my with any questions.

Rick Cummings
Century 21 Advantage Gold
215-722-7170 ext 371 OFFICE
267-879-7434 CELL
Rick Cummings, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Hi Clarissa,

Rick Cummings
Century 21 Advantage Gold
215-722-7170 ext 371 OFFICE
267-879-7434 CELL
Bolanle Coker, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Wed Jul 27, 2011
I am currently working on a VA loan right now and i've done several of them. Not a lot of agents pay for home inspection but my team and I have a $250 coupon that will reimburse you that much at settlement. You can give me a call on 3025214454 and we can talk some more.
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Jul 27, 2011
You are hearing fantasy talk, no agent pays for inspection, we could go broke doing that kind of stupidity!