I need a ranch in West Seneca that could be made handicap accessible. I'm finding this impossible to find. I would do the work.but need right

Asked by Geraldine, 14127 Sat Aug 28, 2010

house. For example, bathrooms must be large enough to take a remodel. Walls and doors must be farther apart than usual.
I must have two bathrooms to work with. I find no houses that are handicapped friendly . When they say they are, it's usally a ramp or no stairs, something minor. Why is it so hard to find houses for the handicapped? I would leave West Seneca for nearby areas but I've looked with no luck. By the way, I'm the one who asked about the house on Grand Island that is constructed for the handicapped but am nervous about the move. Should I be? Thank you.Thank you..

Answers

4
Kathi Holder…, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Mon Aug 30, 2010
Geraldine,
What price range and size home are you looking for? That will help you target your search. A buyers agent can actively search for your perfect home. There is a home out there for you.....you just need a proffessional to help you find it.

Kathi Holder
the Holder Reimann Team
Realty USA
716-474-1698
Denise Camer…, , West Seneca, NY
Sun Aug 25, 2013
Hi Geraldine,
You're right. Homes that are handicap accessible are tough to find. I think the best that you can hope for may be a house that is reasonably easy to adapt to your specific needs and build the cost of renovations into your budget.
There are plenty of ranches in the West Seneca area. I live and work in that area, myself and am a big fan of the south towns in general. Your challenge is being ready to "pounce" when they come onto the market. :) I'd be happy to set up a search for you to alert you when new properties are listed.
As far as Grand Island is concerned, there are a lot of reasons both for and against living in that area. It's definitely, a matter of your specific needs.

Give me a call if you'd like help from a West Seneca resident and realtor. :)

Denise Cameron
Cameron Realty of WNY, Inc.
716.550.0904
Amy Pfister, Agent, Orchard Park, NY
Sat Jan 14, 2012
Geraldine,
I have a great home coming on market in next few weeks in West Seneca.
Quiet street back yard is a town park, that is never used just nice open space.
I will make sure wheel chair will fit though the doors. ( What size is the wheel chair.)
This would be only 1 bath rm ? Let me know if your still interested I think you will love this home I have for you.
Amy Pfister
twitter AmyPfister80
Prestige Homes Agent
face book Amy Pfister
call 716-830-6689
Web Reference:  http://www.AmyPFISTER.COM
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Aug 29, 2010
Since no local answers yet--if you are currently not working with an agent, consider doing so--he/she can help you locate properties that will suit your needs and keep you informed about new listings, market conditions, etc. As for the property you located--if you are not familiar with the area, visit more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you--then make your determination, will your comfort level be reached--keep in mind that real estate professionals are prohibited from "steering" enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific areas.