I need a home for me and my family of four.

Asked by Kenneth L Graves, Graham, NC Tue Jul 27, 2010

I would be a first time home owner with a low income for my family size and bad credit. Is there any goverment or state help. I see good homes for under 80k and I pay 600 for rent.

Answers

4
German L. Ro…, Home Seller, Burlington, NC
Thu Feb 20, 2014
• Details for WELL KEPT BRICK HOUSE FOR SALE IN BURLINGTON, NC FOR $90,000
• Address: Atwood Dr and Harden Street, Burlington, NC 27215
• Bedrooms:3
• Bathrooms:1.5
• Size (sq ft):1274
• Garage/Shop: 16’X25’
• Year Built:1967
Description WELL KEPT BRICK HOUSE FOR SALE IN BURLINGTON, NC FOR $90,000 as a Quick Sale
Nice neighborhood and quiet. Is near to schools and shopping centers. Most are retired. It is a very clean neighborhood.
3 beds, 1.5 bath, fire place wood/gas, Laundry Room, All hard wood floors, ceramic tiles on dinning room and kitchen over hard wood floor, Bedrooms have carpet beige 2 years old, desirable neighborhood, nice back yard sized, This is a non-smoker house, large garage w/shop, building a two car garage w/guess room w/bathroom. Frame is up.
Reginold Jon…, Agent, Cary, NC
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Kenneth,

The fact is that you CAN own a home but you will have to work on a few things first. There are government programs that you can participate in such as USDA, which will provide 100% financing for homes in rural areas as defined in by the USDA map. Considering that you are a 1st time homebuyer, you may also want to consider going to NACA or the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America. They provide credit counseling, budget training and low interest mortgages. You attend the training class and subsequent meetings all geared towards getting you ready to buy a home. When you finish all the meetings, you are automatically qualified for a home based on you really can afford. This may be good for you so you can get an idea of ALL costs involved in owning a home. The website is http://www.NACA.com and you can register for classes online. Do be discourage on what people may tell you about what you can do TODAY. If you are willing to work at it, you can own a home.

Take care and good luck!
Stacy Carter, Agent, Roswell, GA
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Kenneth,
Unfortunately, that combination of low income and bad credit will not pass lender guidelines. You should also consider as a homeowner, you'll be taking on financial responsibility for the maintenance of the home, which may present financial burdens you don't need.

Stacy Carter
Associate Broker
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
678-641-6631
Matt Taylor, , North Carolina
Tue Jul 27, 2010
My company will work with you on credit scores down to 600 which is one of the most agressive in the industry right now. We also have programs available if you have NO credit at all.

However bad credit is more difficult to work with. If you would like to elaborate more on your bad credit situation maybe we can shed some more light on what is possible.

Government agencies usually give help to consumers that are lacking in income. I do not know of any programs that will assist you in having a credit situation as a result of not paying their obligations.