I need a fully ADA-compliant home. Is it better to contract with a place being built? Where can I find a list of still-under-construction condos?

Asked by Granhablador, Boston, MA Sun Sep 1, 2013

Answers

2
, ,
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Another way would be to purchase a condo in the right location for you with a purchase/renovation loan and then make the necessary renovaions to make the unit fit your requirements. Renovation loans can be used to make houses or condos ADA compliant.
Scott A. Nel…, , 02155
Sun Sep 1, 2013
You really should consider working with a real estate professional in the area that interests you. A local real estate professional will have their finger on the pulse of what's available and also what they know is in the works. There are quite a few great buyers agents here on Trulia, interview a few and see how they can assist you in identifying properties that meet your specific needs and what experience they have with ADA compliant homes/developments.

Hope that helps,
Unfortunately there is no centralized list per se of under construction condominiums in Boston. A list of these properties however is available Multiple Listing Service (MLS).

You can gain access to MLS through a real estate website focusing on Boston or contacting a real estate agent who can send you emails meeting your criteria. This information will not identify ADA-compliant units though so your best bet would be working with a real estate agent directly.

I don't service the Boston area, but hopefully this information has been of help.
Flag Thu Jan 16, 2014