I need a buyer's agent who is good at softening prices.

Asked by Joe, Chicago, IL Sun Aug 24, 2008

I'm interested in finding what is available in and around Morton Grove. I know little about the area but it feels comfortable to me- I'm not limiting myself to Morton Grove so nearby towns with same feel are ok. Summer is almost over, real estate is likely to decline in the short-run, interest rates are up since the beginning of summer and listing prices are oftentimes not reflecting these negatives for sellers. I have been looking in another area for 5 months where the agents seem to be resisting the reality of the declining market and some people are still paying $300,000 for smallish completely outdated 3 bedroom houses. They will never get their money back after updating. I can wait for prices to drop next year but I'd rather settle now. I don't believe that people anywhere are going to continue paying $300,000 for out-dated 3 bedroom houses on ordinary lots. Who wants to help me get a house at a price that reflects the reality of the market?

Answers

1
Lisa Schade, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Mon Aug 25, 2008
Hi Joe-
Well, actually, I would love to help you. And what you are asking for, in any market, is right around the corner. November and December are the best times to buy softened market homes. Unless you are buying auctioned properties. That is where you will make the most roi. (Return on investment). Please feel free to send me an email explaining exactly what you are looking for and we will go from there.