I may move to Bethlehem. I have no kids, so what areas have lower taxes, but still quality of life? I am 56.

Asked by John380, Saint Augustine, FL Thu Apr 7, 2011

Answers

3
Deborah Gemmel’s answer
Deborah Gemm…, Agent, Whitehall, PA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
There are plenty of boroughs and townships around the Bethlehem area that are quite nice, if you decide not to move to the city. Taxes are based on millage rages and applied to what the home was assessed for. I am providing a link to the Northampton County Millage Rate Chart, and you can see for yourself what town has the lowest millage rates. The link is: http://www.northamptoncounty.org/northampton/lib/Northampton…
Hope this helps!
Richard Kuka, , Bethlehem, PA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Bethlehem Township has lower taxes than the city. 2010 Bethlehem Township millage rates were 5.99 Municipal, 41.60 school with a total of 58.39. City of Bethlehem was 14.10 Municipal, 41.60 School and a total of 66.10. You can call me anytime at 610-462-3582 with any other questions or to set up a home search. Happy to help.

Richard Kuka SRS, ABR Realtor
Keller Williams Real Estate Bethlehem
Phil Osborne, , Bethlehem, PA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hey John. I love Bethlehem! We just featured Bethlehem in our weekly show "Lehigh Valley Homes and Neigborhoods". I will post it when we are finished editing. There are currently 502 homes for sale in Bethlehem with an average sales price of $214,000. There are also many other communities in the Valley that are wonderful places to live and have reasonable taxes. I would love to chat with you about the valley and answer any of your questions. I provided a link for you to my website where you can set up a search, and watch videos about the Lehigh Valley and the various homes for sale. Have a wonderful day John, look forward to connecting with you. My number is 610-295-5822.
Web Reference:  http://lehighvalleyhomes.tv