I'm thinking of buying a vacation home in Highland Lakes and am looking for someone to help me. Price range up to 200k.

Asked by Matt, 11201 Thu Aug 22, 2013

Answers

4
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Feb 24, 2014
If you are thinking of buying a vacation home don't forget to consider your loan options! SInce this will not be your primary home you will have to get either a secondary home loan or an investment home loan. If you plan to use the house for your exclusive enjoyment only then you should consider a secondary property loan. If you plan to rent it out and try to have some form of income from this vacation home then you should look into an investment property. Also, be aware that in the lenders perspective, investment properties are risky so usually interest rates and down payments will be a bit higher than a primary property.

I hope this helps! If this comment was helpful, please feel free to leave me a recommendation on my profile page!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Alison Callow…, Agent, Vernon, NJ
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Hello Matt,

I am Denise Hart the Broker Manager of Realty Executives located in Vernon NJ.
Myself and my business partner Alison Callow are local market experts and can help you with your vacation home search in Highland Lakes.

Please feel free to contact direct at 973-418-1477.

Denise I. Hart
Broker / Manager
Realty Executives
14 Church Street Unit 2
Vernon, New Jersey 07462
Website: TeamCallowHart.com
Email: TeamCallowHart@RealtyExecutives.com
Brian Diehl, Agent, Verona, NJ
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Hello Matt,

There are several options available to you in Highland Lakes. There are a few log homes available. Two in particular stand out: one needs work but is well under your budget (thus giving you the option to customize), the other is at the top of your budget but is not in need of work.

It'd be my pleasure to hear what your requirements are (number of beds and baths, style of house, etc.) and discuss the options with you.

You can call me anytime.

Brian Diehl
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-521-1061
Marc Paolella, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Your best bet is an agent physically located in Vernon Twp. They will be able to offer the best guidance in this area. I am sure you can use Google to locate such an agent very quickly.