I'm relocating to Augusta GA. Try to buy a foreclosure property in good shape at good neighborhood (Evans?).

Asked by Robert Lee, Augusta, GA Tue Apr 7, 2009

Any opinion?

Answers

4
Connie Case, , Knoxville, TN
Wed Apr 8, 2009
Robert,
First have you got your financing in order; if not do that.
Then find a good Realtor, and sign on with them, they are your best bet to get a good deal.
When you find the property, you must make an offer quickly, if not you will lose the property!
Buying a foreclosure is complicated because you are working with a Bank and their time-lines not your own or an owner!

Good Luck,
Connie
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Wed Feb 24, 2010
Robert,

I'm originally from Augusta. I'm sure you will enjoy settling into this great city. With the exception of Masters week traffic and congestion!

If you would like me to refer you to a well qualified agent in the Augusta area who specializes in relocation feel free to contact me and I will make sure you are well represented.
Natalie Pote…, Agent, Evans, GA
Tue Jun 16, 2009
couple of things to consider. first, do you already have a property in mind? If not why do you want to only consider Foreclosures? Is it just that you want a really good deal? If so, there are a lot of good deals out there, you just have to be patient and make sure you have a good agent to assist you with your search.
Natalie Poteete
Remax True Advantage
Daniel Wilgo…, , Augusta, GA
Wed Apr 8, 2009
Connie said it right in her post when she mentioned bank time-lines! Be prepared to be very patient!

As a local Realtor in the area, I've noticed that in Evans you will rarely find a foreclosed listing that does not receive an above list price offer. That doesn't mean that you can't get a great deal, It simply means that people always bid on these properties, so make sure your bid is a good one!

Daniel