I'm relocating & will do so with a job. Can I get a small mortage if I put 60% to 75% down?

Asked by thebaglady21, North Richland Hills, TX Thu Oct 4, 2012

Answers

5
Rick DeVoss’ answer
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Fri Feb 1, 2013
I think "the Bag Lady" meant to say that she did NOT have a job. (This is an old post.)

All the lenders I have talked to have indicated that you must be employed in order to qualify for a loan. This is regardless of how much money you put down. They also want you to have a decent credit score. If there are any lenders out there who have different criteria than this, would you please contact me at 817-300-6121?

So what is "a small mortgage"? That depends on your frame of reference, since "small" is a subjective term. Most lenders will not initiate a loan for less than $50,000 these days, simply because they are not making enough return on their investment.

Most people don't have that much cash saved up, but you've asked a good question. There are many ways to solve difficult problems such as the one you have brought up here. Feel free to contact me for an innovative solution to whatever situation you find yourself in. Since I've been selling Real Estate around here for over 32 years, I've seen lots of different ways of skinning the proverbial cat. ~And I don't suggest you call a loan officer first, like most of the agents on here have told you. That is simply passing the buck because they don't know the answers to the questions on here. If you suspect that your situation is NON-standard, then we need to talk first, and devise a plan to package your loan application in such a way as to get you approved for the loan you seek.

Have you considered Owner Financing? If you'll contact me, I'll show you how to make that work for you. There are other things you might do that I don't have space to write about here. Let's talk.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Amy Steele, Agent, Southlake, TX
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Call my loan guy Paul Miller at Highlands Mtg. 972-533-4997. He will give you a true straight answer. Make sure you tell him Amy Steele gave him the number. If you have to lease for a little while I can help you with that also.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Oct 4, 2012
So many questions require answers if you can obtain a loan. Happy to assist you .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor

Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Oct 4, 2012
There are more factors than just down payment, such as income, and credit.
Also something to keep in mind is that most lenders won't lend less than $50,000.

Now if you have more cash than you need for a $50,000 loan you could pay it down after you get the mortgage.

Best thing to do is let's get you with a loan officer and get you prequalified. Thats the first step.
John Straub, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Good Evening
This will depend on your reserves that you have and credit score. I suggest that you contact a loan officer to go through your specific situation. Here is a great loan officer who can help you out, Joey Fox 817-975-3181. He will walk you through this step by step. Best of luck to you!

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info