I'm planning to relocate to San Marcos, I have beeing working at UTPA in Edinburg TX for the past 3 years and I have good credit.

Asked by Maria Valdes, San Marcos, TX Mon Jul 23, 2012

What is your advice to start the move, I would not have a job at first.
I'm selling my house here in Edinburg TX, and hopefully be able to buy a Condo for cash.or just a small Loan (no more that 20,000.) I will start applying for jobs.

Answers

2
kbrust, Home Buyer, San Marcos, TX
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Dear Maria, I have been looking for a house for over six months and the San Marcos home market is very slim !!!! Seems in a college town no one evers sells a house....they just rent it. Hard to find a nice home about 1,500SF, in decent condition, less than 15 yrs old, in an established nice neighborhood. Good luck with your search. New Braunfels is a much better marketplace,,,,, but I don't want to live there. I see your message is from July , 2012. Did you find anything? Blessings, Karen
HI, Karen I had put my house for sale for 3 months but didn't sale, If I ever decide to move, I will rent my house here in Edinburg and rent a small apt. in San Marcos or any other area that I choose to move. A friend of mine advise me not to sell my house in Edinburg, he is a very experienced real state agent. Are you looking to relocate to San Marcos as well? For now I decide to stay in this area. Have a nice week! Maria
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Pat Bruns, Agent, Wimberley, TX
Wed Jul 25, 2012
We can get you into a place. It's hard to get a loan without a job. You might want to come to the area you plan to buy in and get familiar with the area. If you can get a personal loan for the $20K you would be set to purchase your home here.