I'm planning on buying a home in las vegas anywhere between 1 month to 7 months from now

Asked by Abraham Kurland, Boston, MA Tue Sep 16, 2008

I live in Massachusetts, and thus would have to travel to las vegas in order to look at houses. Should I be meeting with multiple realtors during the one or so week that I will be in vegas looking at houses or will one realtor have access to all of the houses for vegas? I am primarily looking at houses in the 500k-1mil range in good communities that are at least 5k sq ft, modern ,and with a big basic pool or space to build one and convert it into an indoor pool, and am having relatively little luck finding what I want browsing on the websites, mainly due to a lot of the listings not having pictures.

Answers

7
NonRealtor, , 23456
Wed Sep 17, 2008
Wait another year, save another 20%. Good Luck
Bill Johnson, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Welcome to Las Vegas. I moved here from NYC & I must say that this town has as much, or more, to offer without the hassles of the east coast! When picking the right community, it takes a bit of research on your part even with the help of your REALTOR®. When you’re ready to start your journey, go to my website, give me a call and I’ll put you in the driver’s seat.

Bill Johnson
(702) 553-6543
The Ballen G…, , Las Vegas, NV
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Hi Massachusetts! Great question. We welcome your visit to Las Vegas. Obviously, any Realtor will probably suggest that you use them. We are extremely honest and will always tell our customers and clients the truth. It is not in your best interest to meet with the agent who actually represents the seller. This is a mistake we see often. You may see a property on Zillow or Realtor.com and contact that agent. Their interest is to get the sellers house sold. Since that is their primary interest, you will probably come in 2nd. We have represented the buyer and seller in many deals and have had very little issues, but it is very hard to be getting the buyer the best deal and handle inspection negotiations when you also represent the seller.

We suggest seeking out a couple of Real Estate Agents and interview them. Call their brokers, past clients, and ask for their selling statistics, work ethic, experience in the area you are looking for etc.

We would not be doing our job if we did not ask that you will give us the opportunity to interview for the position. as you have probably heard, you don't pay us or any other Las Vegas Real Estate Agent. The seller pays the commission. We also have access to foreclosure "pre lists". These are foreclosures that have not hit the MLS or internet yet, and we know about them first. This is a huge advantage to our buyers.

Feel free to check us out. Google Coldwell Banker Las Vegas and you can't miss us. Look us up directly at http://www.theballengroup.com or call 702-604-7739. In any case, welcome to Las Vegas and good luck.

It's a GREAT time to buy Las Vegas Real Estate!
Joseph Rugge…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Hello Home Buyer from Massachusetts,

I would recommend to first make appointments with at least three agents to see if they have the expertise, knowledge and personality to assist you with your home search. Then get your selected Realtor to show you around town to try to narrow down the part of town that fits your needs and quality of life the best. Once you have the area then you can start looking at homes. There is nothing worse than looking at homes that the agent wants you to see and buying in one area without seeing all the city has to offer!

Remember that you are the boss and it is your job to instruct the agent to educate you about the area, the market and then locate a home and negotiate the best price for your requirements! The home buying experience is very different here in Las Vegas compared to New England and you need a Realtor that will spend the time with you so you do not have to move again in a couple of years!

Please give me a call if you have any questions- I am a native Las Vegan and it would be my pleasure to assist you with your purchase!

Joseph Ruggeroli
702-523-4953
Web Reference:  http://vegasdreamsellers.com
Delete Me, , 89052
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Hi!

Any REALTOR® in the Las Vegas / Henderson, NV area should have the "keys to the kingdom" and be able to show you to property available, and show you any new construction as well.

I work with out of state (sometimes out of country) home buyers all of the time. I will be your eyes and ears here in Las Vegas. Unfortunately many of the homes do not have pictures available online, so what I do is personally preview the home and take pictures and email them to you. If I feel it matches enough of the criteria you are looking for, then I'll keep it on a short list of homes for us to tour when you actually are in the Las Vegas area.....or for any proxys you may send. This is a very common thing to do, so there is really nothing to have concern about.

With the price range you are looking at, there are many properties throughout the town that match the basic criteria which you have already stated.....and you will also have the luxury of negotiation....which believe me, these days in Las Vegas is a true luxury for the home buyer.

Best wishes in your search and your relocation here to the Las Vegas / Henderson, NV area. I'd love to help you in any way that I can.

Mike Dobranski, REALTOR®
Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
Las Vegas / Henderson, NV

702-370-3521
Mike@PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com
http://www.PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com
Ron Johnson, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Sep 16, 2008
You should let one Realtor represent you and find you a home. Any Realtor will have the ability and access to show you all the homes that are currently listed in the Las Vegas Valley. One Realtor can get a feel for what you want and can save you time by weeding through the listings for you to find the ones that might be good matches for your needs.

My advice is to talk to a couple of good agents and see who is a good fit for you and your needs. Make sure the agent you choose has experience and listens to your needs. You are the one that needs to be comfortable with the Realtor who represents you.
I would love to help you out in your search. I have been a LV resident since 1974 and am committed to providing a world class level of service to my clients. I have experience with working with out of state clients and know it can be challenging, but the end result will be very worthwhile.

Ron Johnson
Elite Realty
(702) 595-9743
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Your best bet is too find one realtor to represent you. This way you are not chasing the same homes through different people and 1 agent as your buyer broker will work harder than 5 not working for you. You should be able to negotiate a buyer broker contract where it does not cost you anything out of pocket, they will take their commission from the listing agent. i do have some friends in vegas, i am in NH but have helped some people heading west. shoot me an email if you would like some referrals. Good luck with the move
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com