Lia, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills, CA

I'm planning on buying a home in around beverly hills area, probably going to have it rented out as vacation home. Currently I'm living in

Asked by Lia, Beverly Hills, CA Fri Nov 18, 2011

Singapore but I'm Indonesian. Please help me. Thank you.

Answers

24
Brandon Doug…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hi Lia,

I am a 3rd generation Beverly Hills native as well as a 3rd generation Los Angeles Realtor. I am very active in the City of Beverly Hills. I have first hand experience in the Beverly Hills Unified School District and am very active within the City of Beverly Hills.

I have access to many off market homes and leases in the neighborhood. Currently the most inexpensive home in Beverly Hills is $599,000 and that is a 2 bedroom 2 bath!

Beverly Hills is a city with a population of 35,000. We are a City within the County of Los Angeles. We have our own City Government, Police, Fire, Water and a public school system exclusive to Beverly Hills residents.

I would be glad to provide you with more information in the City me and my family grew up in.

Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Brandon Douglas
Coldwell Banker
Beverly Hills South
Brandon.Douglas@coldwellbanker.com
310.801.1333
Jay Hofstadt…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
hi lia -

there are many agents who obviously would like to help you buy a home, including myself.

i have been an agent since 1977 and a broker since 1983, during which time i have assisted many overseas buyers from asia, australia and europe in their real estate needs. i can even refer you to top attorneys, accountants and other professionals familiar in international transactions if there are any tax, trust or other matters you might wish to take into consideration. feel free to do a google or other search on me.

i look forward to hearing from you soon.

jay
Michael Abram, , Los Angeles, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hello Lia,

I know a great realtor named Brandon Douglas in the Beverly Hills area. He knows the area inside and out. Please feel free to give him a call at 310-801-1333 or email him at brandon.douglas@coldwellbanker.com.

Michael Abram
First Capital Mortgage
Direct: (310) 434-1718
Cell: (310) 995-0975
mabram@firstcapitalmtg.com
Bernice Epst…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Location is always a reflection of price.Beverly Hills owners to cover their mortgage at times rent out their homes.Luxury Real Estate may command $35000 per month and up.. If you wish to contact me please email at berniceepstein@ca.rr.com.
Daniel Klein, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Lia,
Have you considered the tax implications and legal structure of your transaction? If you have not had the time or expertise to handle these sensitive issues, my team of tax, law, and internation finance professionals can help you make your investment as lucrative as you had hoped.

Let me know if you need any advice.

Daniel Klein
Richard "RJ"…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Hello Lia,
I would be please to assist you. I have several clients in Thailand that own investment properties here that I have helped. I live, work and my office is located in Beverly Hills. I also can manage the property for you. Please contact me and I can start the process with you immediately.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills South
166 N. Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0690 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com- http://www.RJforLA.com- DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
voice, , Bellflower, CA
Wed Dec 7, 2011
If you're not currently working with an agent, I can be of assistance in finding you a home that meets your needs and budget.

Please note that I am local to the area and am very familiar with it.

Judith Santillan
Downey Market Center
8280 Florence Ave., Suite 100
Attn Judith Santillan
Downey, CA 90240
DRE 01898972
(323) 317-4134
judith.santillan@gmail.com
http://judithsantillan.kwrealty.com/
Renee Kische, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Lia:

Should you need more assistance, please connect with us. We currently have a Beverly Hills Post Office listing at $699K on a 9,000 sq. ft lot. Needs a little TLC, however, could be a wonderful investment.

stay connected,

Renee' Kische
renee@bestLAliving.com
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Tue Nov 22, 2011
Hi Lia:

It looks like you have chosen Brandon Douglas to help you! Good luck with your search!

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. My profile says it all!

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
Rudi Hofmann, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, El Segundo, CA
Sat Nov 19, 2011
Lia,
You do not need to liquidate considerable assets on your purchase of your luxury property. Please see our Foreign National Program on 2nd Homes: http://www.umboc.com/PageContent.aspx?PageID=211
Thank you.

Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference:  http://www.umboc.com
Tammy Behnam, , Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
It all depends on what your needs are. If it is strictly for the purpose of investment to have it as vacation home, Beverly Hills might be too expensive for investment purposes only. http://www.tammybehnam.com

Tammy Behnam
Rodeo Realty-Beverly Hills
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
We'd be happy to show you some very nice properties in some very high end neighborhoods in the San Diego area should you ever want to invest in San Diego (America's Finest City) real estate. Please feel free to contact us anytime 760 815-6977 or onthelevel@cox.net
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hello Lia, feel free to contact me directly.
310-923-2334

I have extensive knowledge of this area and would love to assist you in finding the perfect home to purchase. You can call me or email me directly and I can send you a detailed list of all the properties available in and around Beverly Hills.

Have a great day and I look forward to speaking with you!
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-923-2334
heatherprealtor@gmail.com
Jayne Clement, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hi Lia,
It is not difficult to complete this transaction working from Singapore. I have worked with several foreign buyers and the process can be streamlined. Most important will be your financing. If you would like to obtain a loan as a foreign buyer there are different rules and requirements, most importantly a large down payment. I'm happy to provide you with a world class lender...you will be in good hands. Of course, if you are paying cash, then you can skip this process and go directly to looking for homes!

Please let me know your price range and other search criteria; number of bedrooms/baths, walking area or mountains with a view, etc. I'm happy to set you up on a web site that will allow you to search the listings directly. Additionally, I can advise you as to the best properties to purchase for rental purposes. Another option would be to buy a home with a separate guest house, where you can stay when you are in town, and rent out the main home to a long term tenant. And there are several excellent management companies that I can introduce you to if you'd like to have the home and tenant managed for you while you are out of the country.

(Side note: I've been to Indonesia several times...usually starting my trip in Bali and then sailing east through the islands. I even made it as far as Asmat in Papua New Guinea on one trip to purchase carvings and artifacts for an art buying client! There are so many islands that I still want to see. But it's hard to surpass the beauty and tranquility of Ubud!)

I look forward to the prospect of working with you.

Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
Jeny Milosev…, Agent, Woodland Hills, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Dear Lia:

Are you a first time investor? If so, a single-family home is probably the best investment option for you. Single-family homes are widely available and in demand among buyers and renters, and they are easier to finance and manage than larger multi-family properties.

Here are some questions to ask yourself if you are looking to invest:
•Do I have the necessary down payment?
•Will I have the time, skill, and resources to perform the necessary maintenance on the property?
•Am I willing to wait several years if necessary to see a positive return on my investment?
If the answers to those questions lead you to conclude you are ready to take the first step, please call or email us today.
My company specialize on the sales and property management for all our investors. If you have any questions on seasonal rental please don't hesitate to contact.
Hope we can help you with your real estate investment
Jeny Milosevic
Realtor/Broker
JHM Business Services
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
You could simply start your search by going to my web link below, where you can specifically search in & around Beverly Hills, see pictures too & it's Free! All of the listings are updated in Real Time.

You may not have to pay all cash, but will likely be required to make a significant down payment if you're not a US citizen & are buying for investment purposes only.

You can also shoot me an email directly, I won't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Austin Chen, Agent, West Hollywood, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Lia-

At Horizon Companies we bring over 250 years of combined experience in real estate brokerage, property management, property tax reassessments and escrow services. We are brokers and REALTORS® that use official CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® forms to help you purchase your new home and to lease it to potential vacation renters. We are members of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS® and know Beverly Hills extremely well. When you are not in the U.S., you need to make sure you have a company that can look out for, and take care of, your investment. Our property management division can advertise and show your home, interview and screen prospective renters, facilitate the lease execution and move-in process, and perform repairs and maintenance as necessary. This ensures that you get a well-qualified renter to stay in your home. Please visit out website to learn more about our company. Please also feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions that I can answer for you. Thank you and we look forward to the opportunity of working with you.

Respectfully,
Austin Chen, REALTOR®
Real Estate Investment Specialist
DRE #: 01898306
Mobile: 310.948.2629
Email: austinjchen@gmail.com
Website: hrela.com
Web Reference:  http://hrela.com
Richard "RJ"…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hello Lia,
I live, work and am based in Beverly Hills and I am also a recognized broker for international investments and sales. I have a couple clients in Thailand that I regularly assist with purchases, leasing, management and sales. I am very qualified and eager to assist you. Please contact me directly. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - DRE: 01352771
Jane Peters, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Presumably you are going to be paying cash for this home? And if you can rent it out this would make a lot of sense. But, depending on the price range, you may not find it so easy to rent. So there is a lot of thought that needs to be put into a purchase like this and possibly areas where you may find renting easier.
Web Reference:  http://www.homejane.com
Ladd Jackson, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
There are many out of the country families that invest in Beverly Hills homes to purchase and subsequently lease out. As investment in premium real estate is looked at as a smart investment choice, it is obvious that if your investment portfolio requires diversification into real estate it would be recommended to look into areas that experience growth and stable values. Areas like Beverly Hills, Bel Air, the Sunset Strip, and Brentwood tend to be patronized by the more affluent buyer, and thus the inventory of these properties is very low. Los Angeles also attracts one of the largest international populations for leasing. It would be an excellent and smart move. We've also had a large influx of buyers from many of the most prominent families of Indonesia that have been investing in this area, so you would be wise to consider it.
I work for Hilton & Hyland, Christie's Int'l Real Estate, the leading real estate brokerage firm in Beverly Hills with a heavily international clientele, and have been selling real estate in Beverly Hills for a decade. Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Ladd Jackson        http://www.laddjackson.com
Hilton & Hyland, Christie's International Real Estate
license #1405651
250 N. Canon Dr. 
Beverly Hills, Ca 90210
310-346-1744
Valerie Cuny, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hi Lia
I currently have a great home for sell in Beverly Hills and it would be a perfect vacation rental .Let me know if you would like more info.
Valerie Cuny
Vcuny@yahoo.com
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Buying and selling real estate can be complicated, but at The Bremner Group, we will make it easy for you to understand and navigate the process.
What follows is a list of services you can confidently expect us to help you with:

Find A Home
Get to know you and understand your dream home
Help you understand what you can afford
Recommend mortgage professionals who will provide you with appropriate loan options
Help you decide what neighborhoods to consider
Screen homes so that you only look at homes that are likely to be right for you
Show you homes on a convenient schedule
Help you evaluate the surrounding neighborhood
Provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, noise, traffic patterns, government, development plans, and other items of interest to you
Help you evaluate the property's potential resale value
Make an Offer
Review the disclosure statement with you and advise you on pertinent issues
Advise you on the local transaction practices, such as
- Pricing strategies
- Buyer and seller responsibilities
- Escrow procedures
- Local regulations
Evaluate comparable home pricing in the neighborhood and advise you on a fair offer price
Write a purchase offer and make sure you're fully familiar with the price, terms and contingencies
Advise you on your best negotiating strategy and maintain regular communication with you during the negotiation process
Negotiate purchase contract terms in your best interest, including
- Price
- Financing terms
- Date of possession
- Inclusion/exclusion of repairs and furnishings and fittings
- Contingencies
Make sure you understand everything you're signing
Complete Your Purchase
Advise you on necessary inspections
Help you choose vendors and schedule, monitor and complete inspections and repairs
Coordinate the mortgage appraisal and work with you to resolve any issues that may arise between yourself and the appraiser
Help you investigate title status of the property and flag any potential issues
Maintain a closing calendar, making sure all tasks are completed and that the closing happens smoothly
Coordinate with the title company and help with any escrow issues
Open the door and let you into your new home!

Your situation is not as simple as the everyday purchase, but we have all the tools and experience to assist you. And we are a LOCAL, Beverly Hills area specialist.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
DJ Bonner, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hi Lia,
I can help you with finding your new home. Please feel free to email me directly and we can talk more about what your looking for.
Best
DJ Bonner
djbonner@kw.com
John Barry, Agent, Eagle Rock, VA
Fri Nov 18, 2011
Hi Lia,

I would be happy to assist you and help with any questions you may have about the process. Feel free to email me at: John.Barry@coldwellbanker.com

Thanks, good luck in your search.

John Barry
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Phone: 323-810-7976