I'm moving to California from the UK, I don't know the market very well, I was wondering what are the sale prices Vs the list prices on

Asked by Booth513, Los Angeles County, CA Wed Jan 23, 2013

average

Answers

7
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hi Booth513,

Compared to other areas in Los Angeles, Calabasas is not too expensive. Every area has it's multi-million dollar homes, and everything in between.

Right now, homes are selling for listed price, with some going over asking price, and multiple offers.

There are lower priced homes, just about 5-10 minutes South of Calabasas, in the city of Woodland Hills. Woodland Hills is closer to LA.

For more specifics, what type of housing are you searching for? Number of rooms, bathrooms, square footage, lot size, pool, amenities, etc.

You can use the link below for searches, you can enter city names or ZIP codes. Zip for Calabasas is 91302, for Woodland Hills, South of Ventura Blvd it's 91364.
http://www.californiamoves.com/Property/PropertySearch.aspx?…

You can search for more zip codes here
http://www.zipmap.net/California/Los_Angeles_County/Z_West_L…

Any questions, just ask on this board or contact me.

Douglas Lagos
Realtor, Certified HAFA Specialist
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference:  http://www.douglaslagos.com
Booth513, Home Buyer, Los Angeles County, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Thanks for your responses, I will be moving across the pond in a couple of months, we are looking to buy, around calabasas . Although I know it is expensive. So looking within 30 mins of here.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
The Selling Prices for other homes would be meaningless to you:
The LISTING PRICE for other homes can be illogical and even nonsensical; number picked out of the air by Sellers who think they know what their house is worth.

So, if we told you that for the last quarter, the average selling price was 96% of the average listing price; what would that tell you.

The only figure that would matter to you, would be the Market Value of your house, as determined by a CMA, done by your Realtor.

You will probably find many good Realtors here on Trulia; and you can search their PROFILES and RECOMMENDATIONS too.
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Depends a lot on location, but it also varies a lot because of where sellers start out in pricing. In San Francisco you have some sellers who unwisely price high to leave room for negotiating, others who price about what it should be, and others who price aggressively to get multiple over ask offers. Then you factor in people coming in with tons of cash who don't care and way overpay.

You'll best get help if you tell us where you are looking to buy.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
It differs from location to location, and with the type of sale it is. Even within a city, there are micro-trends. My best advice to you is to speak with different Realtors in the area you're going to be in. We tend to know the market and the trends better than most.

Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Hi Booth,
It is currently a seller's market in Southern CA. If the property is priced correctly, expect to pay full asking price if not more.
Susan Bo'ur, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Good morning,
Welcome to California!
Your question depends on where in California you are looking. Los Angeles County is wide spread.
Here on the Westside we are seeing many multiple offers, and selling for over asking.

Please contact me directly for more specific information on your criteria.

Susan Bo'ur Realtor/Coldwell Banker

Susan@SusanBour.com

(310) 600-4240