I'm looking to purchase a home in Discovery Bay, Ca this summer and can't find an agent that I consider

Asked by Matthew, 94514 Wed Apr 2, 2008

credable. Particulaly if the agent also live on the deep water areas. I have found homes in foreclosure on deep water while agents tell me there out of my range. How can I find an agent that will be able to represent me.

Answers

6
Marston Myers, , Brandon, FL
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Matthew,

I live on deep water in Discovery Bay and would be happy to explain to you all the details of every home available. "Out of Range" right now is a moving target. Of course you need to qualify for the home you are purchasing but the pricing on these homes, especially those at or near forclosure, are generally very flexible.

Please review my website http://www.discoverybayguide.com and check out my section of the Delta Sun Times. Not only will I give you "credible" information but as you will see from my website I will credit you back money to help get you into the home.

Please contact me directly and I will send you a list of all current properties on deep water and we can discuss your specifics.

Lastly, Janice above gave great advice in suggesting you interview more than one agent to represent you. Remember that while you pay no money out of pocket to be represented as the Buyer (it comes of the seller's net at close), it is ultimately you, the buyer, that pays everyones commission as it is built into the price of the house you are buying.
Joe and Mars…, , Discovery Bay, CA
Sun Sep 12, 2010
We're investors and landlords. Sometimes it is best to go directly to the listing/selling agent if you're an experienced buyer and know all of the current conditions in the area you're wanting to buy in. If you need representation, I would recommend Sasville Properties in Discovery Bay; Chris or Craig Sasville. Family-owned and operated. They know Discovery Bay and live in Discovery Bay. There's a large inventory on the market right now and just seems like it's getting bigger. Good luck!

M Fagnani
Fagnani Investments
Janice Spenc…, , 94531
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Matthew,
When a homeowner is thinking of selling their home, they usually interview several agents and ask a variety of questions in order to make sure they can feel confident and develope a good working relationship. I recommend Buyers do the same, but make sure the agents know you are interviewing. A good Buyer's Agent takes the time to meet with a prospective Buyer to learn about their purchasing goals and educating them about the buying process including the difference in buying foreclosures, short sales, at auction, or an arms length sale. If you are interested in foreclosures or short sales, you can attend free, online live classes through our website called learn2ownit. You just missed our class on foreclosure basics last Saturday, but we'll have the new schedule for April out tomorrow. Feel free to check them out even if you decide to interview and select another agent to work with.
Warmly,
Janice Spencer, Broker/Owner
Web Reference:  http://www.learn2ownit.com
AJ Cohen, Agent, Danville, CA
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Hi Matthew,
Please take a few moments to look over our website and see what you think. We are a very successful team with Alain Pinel Realtors having over 30 years of combined experience. What you really need is a team that knows the area and most importantly can negotiate a strong deal with the bank. We are a team of four located in Danville, but one of us lives in Discovery Bay (not on deep water though). Are you looking for a large REO or one that will get you on the water. The reason I ask is I was wondering if you seen the new REO listing that just hit the market today on 2165 San Point Road. Please send me an email to ajcohen@apr.com and we can discuss further and I can put you on a property minder tool that will notify you of all current REOs as well as current short sales that may be on their way to REOs.
Have a good evening,
AJ Cohen
Web Reference:  http://thebleiertem.com
John D Fink, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Matthew, it is unfortunate that you are getting that reaction. It is not doing you a service if they are not asking you questions about what you want and working within those guidelines to find exactly what you are looking for. I am a local realtor, voted Best of Brentwood 2007 in the Brentwood Press readers pole. I think I might be able to help. Please follow the link below to my website for more information and how to contact me.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Matthew,
I am sorry to hear that. If you need a referral I can get you one of the top agents in the area through my network. Even after saying that I would interview more then one to make sure you are comfortable with the agent considering your past experience. Just let me know if I can help you can drop me a line and we can talk about it. Why do the agents think that the homes are out of your range?

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com